cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 81 of 161

Re: OpenRG Strikes Back.

Whats with the mystery, will we be locked up knowing what OpenRG is? Lol. It happened again today. It must be super duper secrecy.

*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
Catcher
Contributor
Message 82 of 161

Well as far as I can make out, it's a hardware/firmware fault - but it's not. It's a line fault - but it's not  Would that be a fair précis?

0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 83 of 161

Anything is possible. Harry Potter wizardry most likely lol.

MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 84 of 161

How long do mods take to reply again? My speeds have been like a yoyo one minute 2mb next minute 45, one minute 7 upload next minute 0.6 and pings oh dear from 17ms next minute 300ms+. All this started getting increasingly worse today. All of this since my last OpenRG reboot so something has gone totally wrong.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 85 of 161

The moderators can take up to five working days to reply once you have completed the contact form.

MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 86 of 161

Thanks. I guess if it's longer they could have a backlog of some sort. I did fill out the contact form when a mod offered assistance. This a little off track but I suspect it could be an issue in the cabinet as when they tried connecting me up to infinity my line wouldn't work with infinity initially and they couldn't find my line either lol so I suspect something is out of wack in there.

Anyway thanks again.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 87 of 161

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the continued patience.  The hub team have provided me with an explanation about the OpenRG entries on the event log.  OpenRG is the base firmware the Hub is built on.  When you see this message on the Hub event log it is merely recording the event in time where your connection has dropped.  Much like the LCP PPP message, OpenRG is not causing your connection to drop, but rather the message is the result of your connection dropping. 

The drop in connection can be down to a network, line or even environment issue so we need to understand this so the root cause can be addressed.  This is not an issue directly relating to the Home Hub.  If you would like us to run some checks on your line you can get in touch by clicking on my username and you'll see the link under the section "about me".

All the best,

Robbie

MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 88 of 161

Thanks for the reply - That certainly makes sense somewhat as I previously said about the engineer having issues connecting me to infinity. Also I remember him saying he had to pull and do all sorts to get my line into the cab. I will get in contact with you asap thanks again.

0 Ratings
Catcher
Contributor
Message 89 of 161

Not convinced by the corporate response. For the whole time I was trialing the HH5 I never had the Open RG issue, this happened  - for me - after the last firmware was pushed to the HH5.

Awahwah
Contributor
Message 90 of 161

Smoke and Mirrors....
0 Ratings