cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Orange light on router and no service.

Go to solution

Posting this as I am starting to get frustrated and starting to give up with BT/Openreach, Lost service and gained a orange light on router since 25/3/21.

Over the two weeks I've had a number of different openreach engineers come testing everything and it's still the same, Openreach are blaming BT and saying it's a fault with them! and BT are going in circles and blaming openreach!

Most recent outcome is a router at fault but very doubt it myself as I've got a spare router and when I connect that same thing happens where it goes straight to orange solid light.

I've heard engineer saying it's not authing with the router and thats why I am stuck on orange light.  I'm pretty sure they've switched lines and switched cards apparently but still no different,  I've read other topics where someone had a similar issue and was something to do with the cabinet not sending my router the authocation it needs but openreach insists it's nothing to do with them.

So where I am at the moment is waiting for a router off royal mail that should of come 2 days ago and starting to feel pretty annoyed? any suggestions?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Orange light on router and no service.

Go to solution

I would be extremely surprised if its the router, its sounds like it is possibly the circuit has been misconfigured if the engineer said there were problems with authentication.

I will alert the mods to your problem as the community will be unable to help.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @kieran0121,

Welcome to the Community. I am sorry to hear about the problems with your connection and your overall experience.

We can certainly look into this for you. It may take us 1-2 working days to pick this up for you but we will do all we can to help. I'll send you a private message.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you, I'm lost for what to do at the moment, I have someone in the faults team constantly speaking to me and constantly asking how things are going but it seems no progress is happening. 

I was told a router was ordered on wednesday for next day what has never turned up, I called the faults team and apperently nothing has even been ordered so got another coming monday, but very doubt thats the issue.