cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Phone not ringing when call incoming from certain number

Hi folks,

A family member has told us that they've tried phoning us multiple times, but our landline phone has never rang when they have. Other calls are fine - it just seems to be this one number.

Looking at the call history in My BT, I can see the inbound calls that the family member made to us, so they are being recognised and logged here, just not ringing our landline.

Can anyone explain why the call would appear in My BT, but not ring the landline?

- Richard

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Phone not ringing when call incoming from certain number

Hi.

I assume you've not set a block against the number in your phone (or indeed via call protect)?

How do you see inbound calls? Do you mean you're seeing the calls made on the caller's information?

Are they calling from a landline, mobile or something else like Skype?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Calls from a landline

No blocks are set on the phone or in call protect

Call Protect shows you a list of all recent callers, essentially a list of all inbound calls. I can see my test calls, for example, that I made earlier from my mobile that got through ok, as well as many other calls that were fine from various others.
It's just this one family member's landline number that appears to be getting blocked. Their calls don't appear on the phone's built-in history at all, only online in my BT 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Are you and they sure they are not withholding their number

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Not withheld either, just a standard landline to landline call

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

But have they checked ?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Standard dialling, not withheld.
If it was withheld, I wouldn't be able to recognise their number in the recent callers list. It would say "withheld" like the others that are

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Update: just checked the junk calls voicemail 1572 and sure enough, there's a message from our family member - but their number is not on the block list. Any suggestions?
I could add them to the VIP list, but why would I need to if I haven't blocked the number?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

You can block numbers on some handsets    If you do that does it show on your BT ID Blocked calls I wonder?

Odd that not on Blocked list but yet recorded a message in the Junk Mail box

Would it be worth checking to see if there is a block set on the handset only?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Had a look through the phone manual but there's no blocking features on it. We've got multiple extensions in the house so can't see how one phone would block all the rest.

Temporarily removed the BT Blocklist and our relative was able to phone us. I have to assume BT have flagged the number up for some reason

0 Ratings