cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 73

Re: Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C208326 now live

How do I roll back firmware seems like is issue with new firmware? 

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 73

They are grey

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 73

Wrong thread, this is for white premium disc you do want wifi 6 thread.

Confusing: yes I know!

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 73

Very confusing indeed 

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 73

Interesting your having issues, not sure they have a wifi firmware release thread maybe a mod will point you in right direction, but this thread is for white premium disc very simliar hardware I am told but the premium disc are ac client speed, yours are ax, but these use ax to communicate (backhaul) with each other. Hope that helps clear confusion up.

This is an older system that simply has never worked correctly before they went on to bring the wifi 6 grey disc out.

Message 56 of 73

I am having exactly same issues as mentioned on this thread, the devices keep rebooting.

any advice on how to roll back firmware as it could be firmware related 

0 Ratings
Message 57 of 73

I would expect your on the one and only firmware release for your system. (I maybe wrong) 

http://mybtdevice.home/rollback.htm or http://your-primary-disc-ip/rollback.htm

Welcome to BT ALPHA/BETA  Merry go round!!

0 Ratings
Message 58 of 73

To clarify, the white premium discs run firmware SGAB208326 and the dark grey wi-fi 6 ones run SGAC208326, I run both.  I believe this thread relates to the release of both firmwares as per the thread subject title.  They appear to be highly related versions of the same although for different hardware.

I had issues a couple of firmware releases back when plugging all discs in via Ethernet, the BT helpline suggested removing the hard wiring and allowing the discs to do their backhaul over Wi-Fi, which did indeed resolve the issues.  I’ve not re-tried tried Ethernet since, and to be honest the speed performance over Wi-Fi backhaul is superb anyhow.  Over the first few hours and days the discs will adjust to the most efficient topology.

I appreciate that hardwiring may be necessary to get through thick sandstone walls for example, but going Wi-Fi is worth a try if it suits your location.  Hope this helps.

Message 59 of 73

Seems to be stable for now but yes might try all wireless tomorrow and see how it performs. 

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 73

When I queried the possibility of exchanging my white discs for grey ones, I was told by a BT tech support guy that the firmware for both the white and grey discs is much the same.

0 Ratings