cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Primary email account

Hi there I need to change my primary email account as when I joined bt I misspelt my email address without realising,now I don’t receive emails from them.how can I change this?
Thanks
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Primary email account

@Claire5wrote:
Hi there I need to change my primary email account as when I joined bt I misspelt my email address without realising,now I don’t receive emails from them.how can I change this?
Thanks

Hi, welcome to the forums.

It doesn't really matter how the email address is spelt - that shouldn't affect what emails you receive from "them". I assume by them you mean service emails like billing info etc?

You can actually set any email address to receive service emails, it doesn't need to be the primary.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I’m not receiving emails at all off bt...I have to log into the app to see my bill to see when due...I also received a reward card from them but can’t get an activation code through to my email as it’s misspelt by one letter of that makes sense?

Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@Claire5wrote:
I’m not receiving emails at all off bt...I have to log into the app to see my bill to see when due...I also received a reward card from them but can’t get an activation code through to my email as it’s misspelt by one letter of that makes sense?

Thanks

Hi again.

Are you saying that BT have the wrong email address to contact you, but the email address you actually use is that one letter different?

In which case either they must get a bounce message when trying to send emails to you, or someone else gets the email if it is taken.

You could add the "wrong" email address to your account as a sub account through :-

https://www.bt.com/btmail/emailmanagement?view=email

if it's still available.

But the best thing might be here :-

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9368/~/how-do-i-change-the-email-address-that-bt-uses...

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Please log into mybt,go to manage email and create an email with that id u gave to bt
(If its still available)

0 Ratings