cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Priority Repair Scheme

Go to solution

I would like information about applying for the Priority Repair Scheme for my elderly parents (who use telecare via their landline to monitor for falls and emergencies). 

I found a reply from @NeilO but the link it contains no longer works (his reply was here).  Please can someone tell me where I can find it now?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Priority Repair Scheme

Go to solution

Hi @jimdecb 

Welcome and thanks for your post.  I have moved your post over to the "Home Phone" board where it is more appropriate.

Sorry for the difficulty finding info on the Priority Fault Repair scheme.  Check this link out here >> I rely on my telephone and need it repaired urgently <<

Cheers,

Robbie

Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you very much @RobbieMac , that's what I need.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Update: the web page you linked to says "You can get an application form by calling 0800 800 150, free of charge, 24 hours a day. Ask for the leaflet quoting document number PHME 83925".

Well 0800 800 150 menu navigation didn't have an obvious selection for asking for this leaflet, but after a few repeated attempts and dead ends I found a helpful salesman at landline sales who thought that a technical team should be able to provide it.  After a while on hold he came back and said the technical team don't know about it but he's done the job himself and organised a leaflet & application form to be posted.

If I know the document number shouldn't there have been a way of downloading this application form from the web site?
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I too tried to get that application form spent over an hour getting kicked around from pillar to post with people sitting in their houses (working from home) doing their best to help but failing.

Eventually got someone who said he'd email a special team who'd send it out. It's been about a week so far so I'll give them a few more days.

Was told it was more complicated as I have FTTP.

That 0800 number though shouldn't be listed as it useless to the requirement of the caller you simply get through to some random department.

Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

The 0800 menu seems to be a one way system, with no way of backing up and trying a different path without hanging up and redialling. They could also do with a "for anything you want that doesn't fit into our menu stay on the line and a very knowledgeable and very helpful person will answer your call".

I succeeded in getting someone to order an application form by selecting the following from the 0800 menu -

Begin

1 = "home phone"

then

2 = "anything else" i.e. not a current fault

then

3 = "order an upgrade" i.e. a sales team

This put me through to a salesman who did his best to help, though he said it wasn't really his job. As I wrote earlier, I had to wait on hold for several minutes whilst he tried to get a technical team to help, but he was rebuffed so he put the effort in to help me by requesting the form for me. He thought the form would arrive in the post by next Tuesday. I hope he filled in the correct form on BT's internal system!

I think sales people are more likely to step forward and try to help.

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Just a wee update to my attempt to get an aplication form. It didn't arrive as expected but when I was on the phone to make another order last week I mentioned it and was put through to someone who said they'd chase it. And they did! Like a dog with a bone they called back and actually got the form sent out and called to make sure I got it. Perfect.

There's obvioulsy an admin problem with the form as most people in BT say they've never heard of it until I ask them to Google it.

Here's a picture just so people know it's real:

Priority Repair form.JPG

Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for the photo of the form @FTT. Here's my update - unfortunately I think my helpful salesman failed in the end, as my parents don't think the application form ever arrived in their post.

So I tried 150 again, and this time chose "Technical Support" from the menu. I got through to a support person who'd never heard of the application form. I guided her to the BT web page that describes the scheme.

Rather than trying to work out how to send the form to me in the post she said she'd set a flag on my parents' account to indicate BT should fix faults quickly (response within 4 hours and solved within 30 hours - not sure if those are the same as for the Priority Fault Repair scheme though).

So maybe I've bypassed the need for filling out a form. I won't know until there's a fault.

BT should sort out the 150 menu so that the route to a BT person who can help is much clearer, and train their staff about this scheme.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @jimdecb, I'm so sorry the free priority repair forms have not arrived. I'll be happy to help with this and have sent you a private message so you can send over your parent's details to the moderation team.

You'll find the private message by clicking on the envelope in the top right of the community forum website.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings