cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Problem with fibre install, engineer saying fibre has to be next to phone point?

Depends really, couldn’t say without seeing it.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Re: Problem with fibre install, engineer saying fibre has to be next to phone point?

Okay,

Should I take it then from what you are saying, is that BT sell the installation without really knowing, and the engineers choose how they do it.

Does the installation need to be next to the phone socket?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

On a Standard Installation yes, ideally the Fibre Cable should follow the same route and the Copper and the ONT be installed next to or as close as possible to the existing NTE. Obviously the ONT needs a mains power supply so if there’s not one available by the existing NTE then it should be installed next to the nearest mains socket.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Thats even more weird then as there is no power supply in the room next to the phone socket.

Do you think it could be that the engineer doesn't realise that the bungalow has been converted, so assumes it means going into the loft?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

What’s the room next to the one with the NTE got to do with anything?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Not the next room @Starwire , but I thinK you know that.😆

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Ah right, he means next to it. If he’d bothered to read what I wrote twice I said next to or as close as possible.

0 Ratings