cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Connection profile never changed from Fibre 1 to Fibre 2

Ring 0800 800 150, ask for the 'Easy Assist' team, they'll be able to change the SLT for you, the Loyalty team don't have access to the system needed, so they would need to transfer you.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Well after wrangling the BT phone system for way too long and speaking to people who cant understand my issue I now (incorrectly) have a fault reported on my line.

There has to be an easier way that this?

Can someone either resolve my issue or give me the direct dial of an advisor who has a technical background. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Something odd , as already mentioned , your router stats don’t appear to ‘match’ your wholesale checker return, the wholesale checker states you have had an observed speed of over 65Mb , yet your router shows 55Mb, although the date of the observation is months ago.
Have you checked your line ( dial 17070 )   the  AVR should read out your phone number , is it correct ?, you could be crossed with someone who has a lower speed profile, if the number read out is incorrect you will need the engineer visit to sort out the issue, if the number read out is correct then it’s one thing eliminated from the list of potential issues.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

Unfortunately I do not own a landline phone, any other way to check? 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

no

the most basic tool to check broadband problems is a landline corded phone  any noise or problem with your phone line will cause problems and disconnection with your broadband   a cheap corded phone is less than £10 from likes of Argos or maybe just borrow a phone for testing

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Without a landline phone , it’s difficult to prove , if you have a mobile you could call what your own landline number , obviously if a stranger answers you know you have an issue , but unfortunately if it just appears to ‘ring’, you haven’t proved anything as that’s what happens with lines with no phone connected or it could be ringing out in an unoccupied property or just disconnected in the network.
I would buy a cheap corded phone ( can be had for around £10 ) useful for emergencies etc, or borrow one from a friend, neighbour, relative, just to check.

You could ( not recommended though ) apply a temporary short circuit between the A/B terminals of your landline , fooling the exchange that you are about to make a call, if you ring the landline number at the same time from your mobile , you should get a busy tone rather than ringtone, this sort of proves the line but obviously isn’t ideal.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Ok, I have dug a corded phone out of the shed, and can confirm my phone number from 17070 matches that of "My BT"

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Then the date on the wholesale checker could be informative, why is the last observed date in March ?

TBH , although it may seem unnecessary, an engineer visit may be the quickest way to resolve your issue, if for whatever reason , you were on a 55Mb profile, you obviously at some point in March were on an 80Mb profile ( getting 65Mb from it ) and now seem to be back on 55Mb, if the engineer confirms 55Mb, then they could try and do something about it, or they could say it’s between you and BT as it’s obviously a configuration issue.

If you could suggest a lift and shift, they ask for you to be re provisioned on a different port in the FTTC cab, it should pick up the fact that you should be on an 80Mb profile.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Ok, too much hassle, thought I might be able to get a quick fix, obviously not.

Will just switch back to fibre 1 when I next renew next year. 

0 Ratings