cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Purple flashing light, I am dead end

Go to solution

Ordered a BT broadband last Saturday (2 Aug) and got the Smart Hub 2 on the next Saturday (8 Aug), was told my engineer will come by on the 10th to set up everything, and it will also be the date of my service starting. I received a text and email that they no longer need to send an engineer to setup, which was cool. On the 10th, I plugged in and turned on my hub, to get purple flashing light. Waited for the next day (Tuesday) still purple flashing light. Called BT help, and they suggested an engineer visit. They don't offer weekend visits or weekdays above 6pm. I work full time. So I figured I would have to take a half-day leave just for an engineer visit. Scheduled visit for Friday morning. Went to work, found out that the situation at work isn't that smooth, so I can't take any leave any time soon. So, is this a dead end? Should I just cancel my broadband before the 14 day period? No way this is getting sorted unless BT gives me an appointment outside working hours. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Purple flashing light, I am dead end

Go to solution

Does your phone line work?

are you using the master socket with a filter if you don't have a filtered master socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Don't have a phone to check. 

Am using a filter, I have plugged everything perfectly. Even unplugged and re-plugged everything, restart at least twice a day, factory reset a total of 4 times now. Did the socket check by opening it and plugging the filter directly inside it. Doesn't work still. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

You need to check with a phone, as if you do not have dial tone, then nothing you do will make broadband work.

There is most likely a disconnection somewhere on the external network.

Check at the test socked using a phone. A basic wired phone is very cheap.

BT Retail and most other providers use Openreach, and they are the ones that visit. If you have a line fault, its going to be there with all providers.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Booked an engineer appointment for the afternoon today (Thursday), hoping he would come very late when I finish work. He phoned me at 3PM wondering is no one in the property. I apologised and told him how I was taking a gamble and hoped he would come later. Despite this, he was super helpful and tried his best to see if he can help me from outside of my property. He then proceed to explain in detail (still on the phone!) the few possible reasons why my connection is not working, pointed out that I may have plugged my hub into a different provider's socket instead of an openreach/BT one, and suggested that I check for any other sockets once I am back. He then also told me that engineers do work on the weekends, and I should give BT a call and keep asking for this. I came home and searched to discover a hidden socket, and plugged my hub in. It instantly works. 

God bless you, engineer. Life saver. Thank you all who replied and tried to help me. I came back to this forum to post how I solved this in case someone else with the same problem is searching for a solution. Good luck, I can assure you I have faith on the engineers, even if I haven't personally met one. 

0 Ratings