cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 29

Re: BT HUB keeps disconnecting

Go to solution

then that would suggest the fault is with the faceplate  when you take of bottom half presumably there are no wires connected to the back of it confirming no extensions

if it is nothing important then you can always disconnect the wires

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 29

Go to solution

Hmm there are cables connected to the back of the plate. Does that change things?

PicsArt_11-05-01.39.42.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 29

Go to solution

so there is an extension connected to terminals 2&5 and may well be the cause of all your problems   can you trace the cable?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 29

Go to solution

Aha. I have found it in the upstairs bedroom! 

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 29

Go to solution

So the extension goes upstairs. Is it as simple as disconnecting those wires from the plate to see if it is that causing the issue?

Or should I just ask BT for a new plate?

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 29

Go to solution

try disconnecting the wires and see if that solves your problem  

Message 27 of 29

Go to solution

Okay. So I've disconnected the extension wires, reattached the plate and plugged my filter back in.

I will give that a day or so and see if the drop outs start again or not.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 29

Go to solution

So since disconnecting the extension cables in the faceplate I have had no dropouts!

You may just have cracked it. Thanks so much.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 29

Go to solution

Ah maaannn I thought my broadband problems had ended but they're back.

After doing the above steps and the drop outs seemingly stopping for a couple of weeks it's happening again.

I haven't changed anything so I don't get this at all.

0 Ratings