cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Replacement Modem & Router for VSDL NOT TP link !

Hello community!

I'm looking to replace my homehub router (Version 5, Type A) with a 'better' modem and router combination. I posted before and had a TP link archer recommended, but it started getting serious dropouts so I sent it back. (Wasn't a broadcom chipset, issue with archer widely reported in TO link forums).

If any community members have replaced their homehub with a single unit (due to plugs and clutter I want a combined solution rather than seperate modem and router).  That's not from TP link I'd love to hear their experiences. 

Budget is up to £150 (ideally less!). Needs to be able to use 2.4 and 5 GHz bands and have decent enough capabilities for up to 30 simultaneously connected devices. House is medium sized , 3 bed new build so doesn't need to be able to beam through solid brick!

Thanks!!!

James

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Replacement Modem & Router for VSDL NOT TP link !

UPDATE: whilst searching for alternatives I have seen that the Smart Hub 2 is available from the popular online retailer that sells everything from A to Z... Price is as round £50. Is the smart hub 2 leaps and bounds better than the HomeHub 5? If so it may be the solution. 

Thanks

James

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Easy answer is 'no'. It also causes some customer problems as you cannot split the 2.4/5ghz networks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@JamesD1 

I use an Asus DSL-AC68U and have done for about 6 years now. Mine has been superb and it's within your budget and firmware still supported.

0 Ratings