cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Signal Assist

Hi

I have a bt signal assist box plugged into my router. The box is showing full mobile signal however when I receive a call, the caller is normally diverted straight to voicemail. 

I have a home hub 2 with complete WiFi discs. I have also tried the signal assist in one of the discs and reset the signal assist box.

Download speed is 72.9, upload 18.2 and ping 7ms.

What's causing this?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Signal Assist

Does it happen when you're not at home too? If it does, it might be that you have diverted all calls to voicemail, calling 15713 from the mobile would turn that option off.

If it's only at home when trying to use that box, it may be the box that isn't working. They aren't supported by BT anymore so you might need to use wifi calling if you phone supports it.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi thanks for the reply

It definitely isn't set to divert straight to voicemail, I have had calls out and about (though that won't be happening any time soon)

Unfortunately I have a sim only deal so the phone isn't from by and doesn't have WiFi calling available, although the phone does support it.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 8

If your phone supports Wi-Fi calling then enable it. I didn't get my phone from BT either, it's also got a BT SIM in it and Wi-Fi calling works.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

No, I mean the phone supports WiFi calling but BT haven't enabled it to work for my phone model.

Obviously if I could enable it I would!!

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 8

You enable it not BT. My phone is not on the (very outdated) list of supported devices either but it works. Just go to Wi-Fi settings - Advanced and make sure Wi-Fi calling is enabled. There's nothing else to do

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Can be awkward even depending on where the handset comes from as to whether Wi-fi calling works or not. I’ve had 2 Samsung S7’s with different experiences. 1 was on EE then unlocked, and the Wi-fi calling worked with the BT sim. The other was from 3 but the Wi-fi calling on that one didn’t work with the BT sim. Think with some models it’s the firmware that gets put on by the original operator that can cause the different experiences. Moved to iPhone now and works fine again, seems to be way more consistent with iPhones when they’re not from BT.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi @Rjf87 

I've just experienced the same issue, reset the Signal Assist by pressing a pin or something into the Reset hole on the back until the light starts flashing. I always reboot my phone for good measure.

I switched to wifi calling and was able to receive calls which pointed to the Signal Assist. Reset the Signal Assist unit and you should be okay. I did have a solid green light on mine and full signal strength on the phone but it was going straight to voicemail.

0 Ratings