cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Slow Download Speed But Fast Upload Speed

Did you also try using test socket with the new filter just in case that does make a difference by eliminating faceplate and any extension wiring

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Hi Imjolly

I'm not sure what you meant by using test socket with the new filter?

Do you mean plugging the broadband into another phone socket in the property?

We only have the one phone point here.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Test socket is behind the master socket faceplate

which master do you have

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Hi Imjolly

I don't think think my parents have any of those face plates.  They have a bog standard telephone plate...a brass one.

This is the one that was here when they bought the property almost 5 years ago.

The problem i'm having is very similar to what this person was having in this thread:- https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Slow-Download-Speed-but-fast-Upload-speed/td-p/206245...  His issue was solved by being moved to a SVLAN which happened after speaking to a BT Moderator.  I'm getting more convinced that the issue lies between the BT Exchange to outside of my parents property.

image-21-12-20-05-44 (002).jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

So that is the only socket in the home and if so then it must be where the openreach cable enters the property?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Unfortunately that's the only socket we have here.  I asked my dad if there are any other sockets around the home, he said no.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Quick update on this issue.

We called BT again this morning and asked to speak to someone technical.  I explained all the troubleshooting steps i'd been advised to try on the BT Forum.

I said i was convinced that the issue was outside the property, not inside.  The BT guy said it seems like a fault on the line, he said the engineer BT had booked in for the 29th wouldn't have been able to resolve the issue.  We now have an engineer booked in for tomorrow morning 🙂

I'll ask him if it's possible to change the faceplate too when he arrives.

Thanks for all the help given on forum as this helped to narrow down the fault and at least rule out an issue in the property.

Thanks

Dave

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

When I spoke to BT yesterday they reckon there was a fault on my line, i'm not sure why they couldn't have looked more into this last Saturday when i called them after installing the new router and it made no difference.  It seems like once i'd made them aware of the troubleshooting steps i had taken, it was only then that they seemed to look more into it their end and then come back and say there was a fault on the line.  

The engineer was booked in for between 8am - 1pm today.  The BT engineer never came to my property but when i checked online earlier, my parent's BT account indicated that the engineer visit had been completed and the ETA for a fix was 24/12/2020.

I'll reboot my router when i get a chance but BT did say to me yesterday that it might take up to 24 hours for the fix to take effect.

0 Ratings