cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Smart Hub 2

Ive a HH 4 and have been sent a Smart Hub 2 (which I didn't request) as BT say they are switching over in my area so i need to change my hub.

I read that the Smart hub 2 can be controlled by an app.   Is that safe?

I'm assuming that has to be from a device connected to the wifi itself rather than controlling the hub setting remotely from anywhere?

thanks.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Smart Hub 2

if you are being switched to fibre then your hh4 will not work so need SH2  you can use ap but need to be on the home network to work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for that.

So the app is basically just another way to access some of the settings.   Rather like the accessing the hub management page as i do now?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

well you need the app to add/change setting in parental control as they are no longer accessible in hub manager

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

But i should be able to set the hub up in all other respects without the app?

i dont have need for the parental controls.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@michael226, Yes that's no problem, you can install the Smart Hub 2 without the app. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

thanks that great.

I set the SH2 up today without a problem.  

I did however notice the firmware version is only 0.12.02.11078 with an update date of today  - which looks like an old version.

Will it update to a newer version itself and is it ok to use whilst waiting for that?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

The latest is v0.17.01.12301-BT, it will update automatically if you leave it connected, there is no manual option to update firmware.

0 Ratings