cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Some emails not showing in Outlook

Go to solution

Hi all,

I'd previously set up the Outlook app on my Samsung phone and it all worked OK until recently when it stopped sending & receiving emails. When I check on the Webmail site both the inbox & sent show different emails to what I see on my phone.

Clearly the Webmail site is correct so where is my phone getting the emails from?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Some emails not showing in Outlook

Go to solution

You should check to see if your phone has been set up as an IMAP account or a POP3 account.

An IMAP account synchronises with webmail so that anything done on webmail is replicated on your phone's email client (Outlook).

If the phone has been set up as a POP3 account it will not synchronise with webmail so if you sent an email on webmail this will not show up on your phone and likewise if you receive an email and delete it in webmail before downloading it on your phone, it will not show up on your phone .

You should also check that you have the correct settings as per this link.

What are the settings for outgoing and incoming BT Email servers? | BT Help

If you do have the correct settings and it still does not work and assuming you are using Outlook set up as an IMAP account some forum users have found that using the following setting works for the Incoming server:  imap.btinternet.com

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Many thanks for your response...

The phone email has been set up as IMAP and the settings are correct. Having checked again, the issue appears to be more with 'sent' emails than the inbox - I do wonder if the phone is somehow accessing a different server... I know there was a change to the BT email settings back in 2020 and, while I'm sure I made the necessary changes, maybe I didn't configure the outgoing server correctly?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

If the IMAP settings are as per the link I posted that means that they are configured correctly.

As I said, others have found using different settings have worked for them so you may want to compare and if need be change yours to them

See the post marked as the solution in this link.

Solved: Re: Setup BT email on Thunderbird? - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

OK, thanks - I'll try this later...

0 Ratings