Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 54

Re: Sudden, random drop in connection speed... again

So the troubleshooter finished, some 5 days later, and tells me this:

Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 21.15.54.png

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 54

So my connection is still rock-solid but hasn't gone back up to its usual 77-78meg connection speed. Do I have to wait longer?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 54

You will need at least 14 days and probably a lot longer stable connection before there is any improvement in your connection speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 54

If it's stable, are you confident it will increase again? Could you quantify "a lot longer" please

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 54

How long's a piece of string?

Message 16 of 54

Infinte? I guess all I am asking, are there a set of peramaters that govern this, i.e, (simplified) if connection = stable AND time > 14 days THEN incremenent speed

Simply saying "a lot longer" might as well imply "never" if there is no definite system involved.

The last time(s) this has occured it has taken human intervention in order to correct this issue. Plus it has always taken an inordinate amount of time and effort on my part trying to get it done, i.e. many, many calls to BT to try and get through to someone who can action something in order to resolve the problem.

I get it, you're probably think I am just moaning, but in actual fact there seems to be no real reason why this should occur in the first place. My connection is rock solid for over 12 months at a time and then (coincidentally) during contract renewal time the speed goes haywire and requires an engineer to come out and inevitably say that there is no real problem. He then issues the DLM reset and everything is back to normal.

So, why can this not be done remotely and without the need for weeks of calls, backwards and forwards just to end up at the same result?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 54

So it's been over 14 days now and the speed remains the same with no dropouts. At what point do you think I should attempt to get in touch with BT to try and get the matter resolved?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 54

@Eighteentee

If you check the DSL checker are you current speeds within range, if so you have have trouble getting somebody in BT to look into this.

SP

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 54

Here's the problem; I have been recieving 77meg steady to my house for the last THREE years, interrupted three times and each time fixed to be back up to the normal speed. So I am getting 12meg less for no reason at all. This suggests that either (a) there is a fault or (b) my speed is being artificially throttled for no good reason. I suspect that it is not a fault as it has been steady in terms of connection for nearly 20 days now. The speed has not improved in that time and has remained consistent. I posit that the only thing that will improve the speed is a DLM reset.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 54

Can you post current stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings