cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 54

Re: Sudden, random drop in connection speed... again

I'm a Halo customer and have just switched on my mini hub. Connected to it and it tells me I've reached my spend limit. This is the first time I've ever switched it on or had it out of the box.

Screenshot_20200603-202817_CaptivePortalLogin.jpg

What's that all about? I cannot seem to find anyone or anything online to help with this. What do I do?

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 54

I can't find a way of getting in touch with anyone regarding the Mini Hub issue - does anyone have any ideas who I can get in touch with to get it rectified?

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 54

FTTP? FTTC? G.FAST? 50mb, 80mb 150mb, 300mb, 500mb, 1000mb?

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 54

You’ll have to forgive me, I’m not so well versed in telecommunications acronyms

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 54

Hi @Eighteentee,

Sorry you're having problems using the Mini Hub.

Did you get the chance to get a fault reported?  You can do this online here :  Troubleshoot landline problems

The Mini Hub should be activated when you report an eligible fault.  It's part of our keep connected promise for Halo customers although there needs to be total loss of service for the device to be activated.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 54

I managed to speak to someone last night. The problem was that prior to that I had started the fault process on my phone and when it got to the end of the diagnostic test it simply said that something had gone wrong. I then phoned 151 and spoke to a lovely lady who said that the fault had just been reported as being with the phone line and not broadband.  At that point I hadn’t tired the Mini Hub, I thought it prudent to as the inevitable loss of broadband is looming (it’s limping along now at 15 meg and falling). This is when I was faced with the message when I tried to connect to it. Anyway, the upshot is that they’re sorting the fault on 9th. I’ll just leave it. I’m a bit fed up with it all right now.

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 54

Hi @Eighteentee

Thanks for posting back!

I'm sorry you feel that way. It's understandable though as I would feel exactly the same.  I'm pleased that my colleague was able to help you over the phone.  Feel free to keep us posted with how things go.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 54

Thanks. I really do appreciate everyone’s help on here. Sometimes it’s difficult - having my normal full speed service back for 12 days was great. Hopefully it’ll get sorted. In the back of my mind I know what’s going to happen; the physical issue causing the loss of dial tone etc will be repaired and then I’ll have to go through all the grief of trying to get the speed back up to its normal rate of 77 meg +. That I’m not looking forward to as can be attested by the age of this thread and the simple process that it took to resolve the issue. I’m due chemo next week and cannot face any more grief. 

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 54

Hi @Eighteentee,

If you continue to have any more issues you know where we are.  I can only imagine what you're going through without all this added pressure.  We'll try and make any future contact as smooth as possible for you.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 54

Thank you. I know it might seem insignificant to some but having decent quality service means a lot to my family; teenage daughter uses Zoom and Teams and connects to school to do her work, other daughter is streaming YouTube etc, my wife is trying to do her work online and on top I am trying my best to work  online and deal with illness. So you see, a “pointless” DLM reset meant that all of the above worked seamlessly without too much issue. I really do hope this gets sorted. We rely on this. 

0 Ratings