cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 54

Re: Sudden, random drop in connection speed... again

What happens when the Mini Hub doesn't work because there's no service? Historically there is no BT / EE service where we are and I've plugged in the hub and it does not work even though it's been activated. This is also demonstrated by my wife and daughter's iPhones, both on BT, who get neither 3g or 4g here.

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 54

Hi @Eighteentee, unfortunately, if you don't get an EE 4g signal in your home the mini Hub won't work as it's reliant on the mobile network to provide you with a temporary 4g broadband connection until the fault is repaired. Have you tried placing the mini hub close to a window as that may improve your chances of getting a signal?

If that doesn't work are there any BT wifi hotspots within range when you're at home? As part of your broadband service, you can log in to these using your BT ID details.

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 54

I've tried it in various locations throughout the house all to no avail. I think it's a dead duck. WiFi either side of me is Sky and PlusNet according to the SSIDs. I remember the last engineer who came out was complaining at the lack of decent reception in our town for EE. 

I guess I'm a bit stymied 😫

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 54

@Eighteentee, I'm really sorry about that, I appreciate the inconvenience this must be causing your household. Hopefully, the engineer gets your line repaired ASAP, I can see they were working on this for you yesterday and have retained the job to attend again today. 

0 Ratings