cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Transferring three mobile lines from O2 to my BT account.

😅

Hello,

I would like to transfer my three mobile phone lines to BT at the end of my O2 contract which is due on December 19.

I have used the online chat service and was told that I'll have to wait untill the end of my contract or I would have to pay O2 and also BT for a service that I won't use untill my contract has finished.

It doesn't make sense to me that I can't postpone the activation and the billing date.

Also, there are no guarantees that the offer that I am interested in will still be available on the 19th of December if I decide to wait.

Last thing:

It must be a joke what I was told about the SIM taking three days to arrive and the billing starting even before the SIM card has arrived and being activated.

Right now I am thinking about transferring my broadband, phone line and three mobile phone lines to Virgin Media as soon as my Broadband contract finishes in April.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Transferring three mobile lines from O2 to my BT account.

If you get the 3 PAC codes from Three, you can use them when you order the BT Sims, so the port starts when the order is placed, porting typically takes between 48-72 hours.

If you order before 3pm, the sims should arrive via Royal Mail the following day or the day after, factor in Royal Mail don't deliver on a Sunday, the billing starts the day after the sims are ordered.

If you're looking to move your line/broadband, have a look at the Halo deals, you'll get double data on each BT Mobile service, which might make it cheaper for you, if you need 10GB for example order 5GB sims, so you get 10GB in total, any sims with 6GB data or more will include free BT Sports app, this is app online mind, so no casting or online player.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

The main problem is that I don't want to be rushed into getting an offer that I might not like and that's why even though that the end of my contracts with O2 are still almost a month away, I've already started looking for a replacement phone provider.
What I really wanted was to arrange for BT to take over on the 19th of December so I wouldn't be without any of my three phone lines or have to pay O2 and also BT for any overlapping days.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

You can order them now but you'll be billed from BT and o2, so it will overlap.

You don't have to use the PAC codes, they are valid for 30 days and can be used when you want.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Yes, I know. That's what I've said in my second post.

When Phones4U was still around they used to make it so they'd start the new contract once the old contract was finished hence not having to pay twice for the pleasure of using a mobile phone.

Customer centered service.

0 Ratings