cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: Trouble Opting Out of BT WiFi and BT WiFi with FON

Go to solution

Don't think the password has ever changed though that BT Fon site seems to suggest that the email isnt recognised as a primary email, so its not even passing the "username" check, let alone the password.

There must be other ways around this

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

Just a long shot and I’m probably teaching Grandma to suck eggs but try it after clearing cookies and cache. I’m not holding my breath though!

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

@Richardflea wrote:

Don't think the password has ever changed though that BT Fon site seems to suggest that the email isnt recognised as a primary email, so its not even passing the "username" check, let alone the password.

Oh well, we must be in different parts of the labyrinth.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

@Zurdowrote:

Just a long shot and I’m probably teaching Grandma to suck eggs but try it after clearing cookies and cache. I’m not holding my breath though!

Defnitely the site at fault. This site login issue has been on-going for years, over different PC builds, browsers, laptops etc.

Anyway, BTWiFi-X and BTWiFi-with-FON still broadcasting...

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution
Any other suggestions or anyone able to assist further? Thanks!
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

@Richardflea Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

@NeilOwrote:

@Richardflea Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Thanks @NeilO. Have done as instructed

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

FAO Paddy - Update

As per our phone call, powered off Smart Hub for ~20 mins but still no change observed after powering back on again. Both BT WiFi and FON SSIDs still broadcasting.

Technical Log showing BT WiFi activated as it always has done since receiving the device (see below)

Capture.JPG

Many thanks,
Richard

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @Richardflea,

Thank you for posting back and for trying that for me.

I'm sorry that hasn't worked. I'll send this off for investigation and I'll update you as soon as I know more.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

At work today and received a call from BT to say that they had noticed BT WiFi disabling from my Smart Hub.

Checked everything once I got home and can confirm it is no longer broadcasting and the Technical Log says it is no longer active - perfect outcome.

Thanks to everyone involved for the excellent work. Much appreciated.

0 Ratings