cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Upgrade from Fibre 1 to Full Fibre 100 Halo 3

Go to solution

Hi  everyone,

I'm thinking about upgrading my broadband from Fibre 1 to Full Fibre 100 Halo 3. 

Will I need a new Hub? (Currently use Smart Hub 2) 

Is an engineer visit required or can it be done remotely/online? 

Best regards,

Wojciech

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Upgrade from Fibre 1 to Full Fibre 100 Halo 3

Go to solution

With BT Halo 3+ you'll get...

• Smart Hub 2 - we'll give you a Smart Hub 2 with wi-fi controls for managing your family's screen time
  • Hybrid Connect - stay online even if you lose your broadband connection. This is instead of the Keep Connected Promise and means you don't have to wait for a Mini Hub to arrive
  • Full Fibre Promise - this means a free upgrade to Full Fibre 100 once it's available in your area
  • Complete Wi-Fi, which gives you strong signal in every room in your house or £100 back

An engineer will be needed to install the ONT, CSP  and fibe optic cable.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the answer. But I've already got Smart Hub 2, ONT, fibre cable etc. installed as I've been using Fibre 1 (50Mbts, 10Mbts) 

I'm just thinking about upgrading it to Full Fibre 100Halo 3 for faster speed and I'm not sure if it's a simple UPGRADE on BT website or does it require booking BT engineer visit and other stuff.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

If you already have FTTP providing your Fibre 1, then switching to FF100 with Halo will be a change of promotion and require no engineer visits or new hub, you will be sent a complete wi-fi disc when you order but that's a self install.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@Wjot111Had you said you were upgrading from Full Fibre 1 to Full Fibre Halo 3 I would not have mentioned an engineer visit being necessary. Fibre 1 (IIRC) can be supplied via G.Fast which is a copper from cabinet service. I can only go off the information you provide.