cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Watching TV while recording

Go to solution

Morning all.

I am recording a programme (on BT Sport 3) and am unable to watch any of my subscription channels - I am getting a message “too many recordings- to watch *channel name here* you’ll have to cancel the following recording.. but I’m only recording the one programme and I’m sure I should be able to watch  and record? I don’t know if it’s relevant but I have Max HD and a DTRT2100..

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Watching TV while recording

Go to solution

Hi @GillC6 you should be able to record two of the subscription channels and watch a Freeview channel at the same time. Was there anything recording on a series link that you hadn't noticed?

Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @GillC6 is it also possibly recording SD & HD of the same programme?

Stew 

Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

No, there was definitely nothing else recording. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

No, I initially wondered if that was the case but it wasn’t showing as recording on the SD channel listing.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @GillC6 

When you set the recording was it a single recording or did you set it to Series Link?

If it was Series Link it can duplicate the first recording which is why you can't watch another subscription channel. You won't see this extra recording on your BT Box, but if you use the BT TV app and go to My TV/Recordings, you can see this extra recording. This has been happening since at least December last year, I always use the app to check recordings  and especially scheduled recordings, don't rely on what the BT Box says is recording or going to record.

Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

I did set it to series link, but the app is only showing one recording..

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

The plot thickens. I decided to start watching the recorded programme only to get an error message IPC6041  -“ this recording is currently unavailable check the connection between your box and router then restart the router.“. I pressed help, and after a bit of loading screen action I was able to watch with no problems. Is this just a coincidence?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

If the recording has finished you'll only see the one recording, but if you look at the app during the recording you can see both of them.

Img_0081a.jpg

This is from last year, look at 9th Dec. I set two new Series Links for Traces and Strike, both have this extra recording. You only see this extra recording in the app and once the recording has finished you'll only ever see the single recording.Once the first recording has passed the SL then works.

Youview are supposed to have issued a fix or are working on one, it's not the most reliable of platforms and I would even question whether they actually test releases properly.

Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@GillC6wrote:

The plot thickens. I decided to start watching the recorded programme only to get an error message IPC6041  -“ this recording is currently unavailable check the connection between your box and router then restart the router.“. I pressed help, and after a bit of loading screen action I was able to watch with no problems. Is this just a coincidence?

My guess would be that it's just a coincidence, I think with the error codes if you can find a code that actually relates to the fault then it's like finding a Golden Ticket in a Wonka Bar.

0 Ratings