cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Which product to buy to extend WiFi and prevent signal dropping

I have BT internet and purchased a bt WiFi extender 1200 about 2 years ago as was struggling  with signal in the opposite part of the house from the hub. It has worked fine for 2 years but recently We are now finding that it keeps dropping the signal so we either flip onto 4g or our devices are trying to connect to the hub that’s bad signal as so far away and not working. I have seen lots of other options such as the disks and mini diskS etc but am unsure what the difference is-between extenders and amplifiers?   Is the extender broken? What is the best way to get internet in the front of our house as this is where our ring door bell and security cameras are that run off the WiFi. Bt aren’t taking calls to recommend and I don’t want to buy the wrong one. Any help is appreciated.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Which product to buy to extend WiFi and prevent signal dropping

Have a look at Complete Wi-Fi  and you can upgrade online or by phone, you'll have a 14 day cooling off period from when the equipment arrives.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thank you. I have checked for this with bt but they say it’s not available In my area yet!! 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Complete wi-fi is available on all broadband packages and not area dependant, it works with standard broadband, fibre to the cabinet and fibre to the property.

Do you have BT broadband already ?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Yes we do but when I entered our postcode and  it said not. Is this a lot better then the  disks? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@Higginsjaniewrote:

Yes we do but when I entered our postcode and  it said not.

Login to www.bt.com/mybt and then look at the broadband offers, you're asked for your postcode because it's not recognised you're an existing customer, logging in will fix that, you can also call 0800 800 150 and upgrade that way.

@Higginsjaniewrote:

Is this a lot better then the  disks? 

It creates a seamless mesh which is meant to mean no drops as you move around the house, I'm not very techie with this stuff but it comes with good reviews and you have a 14 day cooling off period.
When you upgrade, the BT App will allow you to map your wi-fi connection, which then tells you the best location for the disc, if 1 isn't enough you can claim up to 2 more (3 in total) free of charge to eliminate poor wi-fi spots, there's also a generous guarantee with it. 

0 Ratings