cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

WholeHome firmware update (from 1.02.04)

Yes, my WholeHome wifi system is using a *slightly* outdated firmware version, but it's always worked, so I've left it alone.

Hardware version 01

Software version v1.02.04 Build 10

I'm using the iOS app, and the latest version of that requires me to update the firmware before it'll do anything.

Using the web interface and mybtdevice.home, I can "CHECK" for a firmware update, which returns the message "you already have the latest version of the firmware".

I'm wondering if that's because I can't update from such an old version to whatever the current version is?

Looking at the system log, there's an error message that says "can't connect to BT auto upgrade server".

I've failed to find a firmware server anywhere, so can't download and install manually - assuming that there would be a means of doing that manually.

Is there a  workaround to this, or am I to live forever on firmware v1.02.04 build10?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: WholeHome firmware update (from 1.02.04)

Hi,

Please can you contact the helpdesk at btconnectedhome@bt.com and they will help get you upgraded.

Dan-O

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks - have just emailed them with a copy of my original post.

TBH, I'm a little wary of messing with the system as it's running fine and has been pretty much since day1.  Stable, good coverage and speed (my constraint is my 4G connection speed, not the wifi speed).

Is there a pressing need to update, or a particular benefit from the updated version?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @TonyBeeTee 

The version you have running was released over 3 1/2 years ago so you'll be missing out on any new features / bug fixes & security updates that come with the latest version (v1.02.12build02).

Dan-O

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks again for the reply @Dan-O 

I guess it's always a balance - do I leave well alone as it's all working - or run the risk of installing the latest update introducing some other bugs!

0 Ratings