cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

WiFi Discs

Is it possible to link 2 WiFi Discs via RJ45 cabling. In the house I have a hub at the front and a disc located at the back of the house, I have newly built a shed and looking to extend the WiFi down there and the nearest connection point would be the disc rather than the hub. Distance between shed and house is 20meters so WiFi signal is not great. So rather then running an RJ to the front of the house was wondering if it would be possible to connect the disc instead

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3

Re: WiFi Discs

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: WiFi Discs

not too sure to be honest but they are the black discs which have a single RJ45 connection on the back and the hub is a Smart Hub 2

I have one disc connected via wifi to the smart hub and the second disc is located in a shed at the bottom of the garden which is 40m away. I have installed a RJ45 cable between the discs as this distance is too great and I cannot get a cable directly to the hub, this all appears to be working fine but I note that the speed on the far remote disc seems to vary, some times it is as low as 13Mbps and the next time is 76Mbps.

0 Ratings