cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 25

WiFi disconnects when phone rings

Every time the house phone rings my WiFi disconnects. I saw a previous post saying that this can happen with Panasonic phones but neither of the phones are Panasonic phones.

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Re: WiFi disconnects when phone rings

When you say your WiFi disconnects do you drop internet connection to the hub- light changes colour from blue?

If so do use a filter or does master socket have 2 outlets?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 25

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I’m actually asking on behalf of my parents and my mum says it disconnected tonight and the house phone hasn’t even rang. This has been going on for years but BT have never got to the bottom of it and don’t seem to care. My parents live on a farm in a rural area but surely that shouldn’t make a difference. I don’t think there is a filter on the house phones. Should there be a filter on each house phone as they have a few? 

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 25

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpeg

Master socket types.jpeg

If they have one of the sockets 5/67 then no filter needed but do need filter if using other 3

Often people say the WiFi is not working or dropping connection but it it actually the router losing internet connection which results in WiFi dropping

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 25

Thank you. I will try to find out if they have any of those.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 25

Is a filter needed for every phone in the house? I think they have 3 or 4 house phones. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 25

As @@imjolly  has already said, if the master socket is like 5,6 or 7 then no filters are needed. If master socket is like 1-4 then yes, you need a filter for each phone.

Is there any noise when you dial 17070 quiet line test?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 25

Thank you. What phone should the master socket be on? Sorry, I’m not very technical and I don’t live with them. I’ll do the quiet line test next time I’m there.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 25

The phone is not a problem so any phone can be connected to master.  It is whether master  socket has 2 outlets or just 1

Message 10 of 25

@Rachael1980 That's not relevant. There will only be one master socket in the house and it will either be a single type like 1-4 or double like 5-7. If there is one socket 5-7 in the house then no filters are needed anywhere. If there are no sockets 5-7 then filters are needed at every socket.