cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 221 of 405

Re: Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on BT Broadband

That's correct, it's a rolling contract. You get a free month, every month for 12 months, but you should only need to do that once.

Message 222 of 405

Morning,

Firing this query into the ether as there isn't an easy way to enquire within myBT.

So I upgraded my broadband with BT and received the 12 month XBOX Game Pass offer, this has worked successfully for 3 months but I suddenly find that my next months membership hasn't been paid to Microsoft and their only offering is to take out a new subscription with them; a bit disconcerting when things "just work" until they suddenly don't.

Pre-empting further queries, my bill has been paid regularly and is up to date and I have made no changes to my BT services, apart from cancelling my mobile SIMs, which is not tied to the XBOX offer, so I am a little bemused at the seeming withdrawal of the offer/lack of payment to Microsoft.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 223 of 405

Hi @Spudley,

Thank you for posting.

What Broadband package do you have at the moment? Did you make any changes to your Broadband package between now and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate being added to your account?

The reason I ask is that you said that it worked for 3 months, this would indicate a package change.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 224 of 405

I have made no changes to my broadband package, its still the colleague full fibre 900 with Halo3+.

MyBT shows my game pass will expire February 2023, so hasn't been removed from my account.

0 Ratings
Message 225 of 405

Hi @Spudley,

Thank you for posting back. The Xbox Game Pass isn't available on the colleague's offer. If you send me your details, I can take look at your account.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 226 of 405

Hi,

I’m having the same issue about not seeing the Content Partners section, and I have had two support agents try to activate my account. I can’t see the bills sections either yet but apparently this will be resolved later…  maybe it is because I had an old account? 

Apparently I need to try again later and the section will show but I’m not hopeful since I was told this before.

I need to activate my game pass this weekend but I’m not having much luck! Maybe someone will be able to help me like @Kevster21  had the same luck!

0 Ratings
Message 227 of 405

+1 for another customer that’s confused and frustrated about this. Signed up for a new 2-year contract for Fibre900/Halo3. Got the emails/messages for the 12-months free XB Game Pass. Followed the instructions. Got one month added to my existing XBGP subscription, not 12-months, and have just received a bill charging me £10 for it too. A shambles, frankly. 

Given it took 3 long phone calls just to renew my contract, I’m dreading having to call again to resolve this. So disappointing, but at least the actual internet service works well!

0 Ratings
Message 228 of 405

Here's a twist on the usual questions. My BT free 6 months have finished now, but the Microsoft subscriptions page still prompts me to go to BT to manage my Game Pass sub. I kind of assumed this would change back on its own, but clearly not.

Does anyone know how to change this back to normal?

EDIT: I tried adding a prepaid code to see if that would do the trick, and ridiculously it seems I can't even do this while the sub is managed from BT.

0 Ratings
Message 229 of 405

I don't have an answer, but curious if it's been over a month since it expired? It may be a time based trigger and you may need to wait a little longer for it to revert, but it's annoying in any case.

0 Ratings
Message 230 of 405

I activated the offer on 30th November last year, so would have passed the six month mark at the end of May. My Products page on the BT site now just shows an "Add Now" button:

BT GP.png

While the Microsoft Subscriptions page still shows this:

MS GP.png

I might see if I can talk to Microsoft's support about it.