cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 311 of 405

Re: Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on BT Broadband

@NeilO any news on an update as its the 29th.? My account was still locked with BT as of 5 minutes ago.

0 Ratings
Message 312 of 405

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem. BT based Xbox Game pass subscription ended on 7th July 2022, set not to auto-renew and yet this is still showing against my Microsoft account and appears to 'be in control',

saunds86_0-1659133504112.png

I have Xbox All Access running already, and so am already paying for Xbox Game Pass, yet due to this BT bug, this is no longer in affect on my account.

@NeilO, @SeanD or @DavidM are you able to assist with this please, like you have with other?

Thanks in advance.

Rich

0 Ratings
Message 313 of 405

Hi @saunds86, and @paulmeds9,

We believe the issue has been fixed. 

In a small number of cases, for some accounts if you go to the Manage screen on your console it may still say you are managed by BT / EE, you can safely ignore this message. After you redeem any tokens or subscriptions this message will no longer be seen.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 314 of 405

@PaddyB  in my Microsoft account mine still says managed by BT/EE and when I click on it, it takes me to bt/ee website. My 6 months free game pass with BT expired 20 Jul and I have auto renew turned off so I was expecting the control to be back through Microsoft as I previously had game pass subscription before I obtained the BT offer so I don't redeem or enter tokens - please can this be resolved for me? 

0 Ratings
Message 315 of 405

Hi @PaddyB 

Thanks for the reply, however the issue here is that due to the BT/EE part still showing on my account, my existing Xbox game pass subscription that running via Xbox All Access cannot take affect, or that's certainly how I have understood it from other sources who report the same issue,

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/bt-customers-lose-control-of-xbox-accounts-after-game-pass-tria...

Thanks, Rich

Message 316 of 405

@Jsavr In my case, once the issue was "fixed" I didn't see any change on the Microsoft subs page either. However, I was now able to apply a prepaid code I'd bought before, which wasn't possible before the fix. After this, the subs page showed my account as being managed by Microsoft again.

This is still not ideal, of course. For a start, how do you know for sure if your account is fixed or not unless you spend money to find out? What if it isn't fixed, and you only find out when your sub runs out and you can't resubscribe?

For all I know, this part of the problem could be an issue on Microsoft's side, but this could all have been avoided with some clearer messaging from BT. It should have been crystal clear from the start that using BT's offer would hand over complete control of your sub to BT, and that this would prevent you from taking advantage of any offers on prepaid codes for the duration of the offer. There should have been clear information that using the offer would prevent you from viewing any information about your subscription outside of the Game Pass app. And obviously the offer should have been properly tested before going live, which would have avoided this whole handover issue now.

I'm very grateful for the work of the mods here, who have been great, but I'll certainly think twice before taking advantage of any future offers like this from BT.

Message 317 of 405

Have to say that im not overly happy that I now need to spend money to find out if I can control my account.  Really poorly implemented offer that has had a massively negative impact on my opinion of BT.

For the guys that have “unlocked” their account could you advise on what did you buy and how did you apply it to get it unlocked?

0 Ratings
Message 318 of 405

If you still have access to Game Pass Ultimate you could try checking the Perks area in Game Pass, they usually have some free tat here in the form of redeem codes, such as Assassin’s Creed DLC. This might do the trick for you.

0 Ratings
Message 319 of 405

I just redeemed a fifa 22 perk code and no joy in my sub still says visit mobile provider..... This is pretty poor BT

0 Ratings
Message 320 of 405

@paulmeds9 I redeemed some Microsoft points for a one month Game Pass Ultimate code some time ago, which is what wasn't working before my account was released by BT. The same code worked after the account was released.

0 Ratings