cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

can't use APPs after resetting e-mail password on bt.com

I've reset the password of my e-mail account at bt.com. I have updated my PC, Phone and Ipad to reflect this change of passowork, but none can connect to the mail servers saying details are out of date. I've compared my settings with other woking users details (server names/ports) and all are the same. I've tried contacting help lines but all say it must be my APPs. I can't see how this can be as they are setup the same as working accounts and the only think that has changed is the passowrd I've reset. Also the Apps are on Androis, Ipad and windows PC. Has anybody had this and know of the solution

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: can't use APPs after resetting e-mail password on bt.com

Your old password will probably work, there are numerous posts regarding passwords not syncing between systems.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: can't use APPs after resetting e-mail password on bt.com

After a couple of hours, Ipad/Phone now working with new password. I've change nothing except updating to new password. Windows mail  I needed to delete and re-added, now working. It must take some time for the servers to sync. If this is the case it would be better to state this on mail password reset and let thier help staff know.

0 Ratings