Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevehudson60
Beginner
Message 1 of 32

daily password change

Hi

I am having to change my password every day at the moment. This is really irritating. We use Live mail and it just drops out and then logging into BT.COM prompts to change the password

Why is this happening we have Net Protect plus and have scanned with no issues

To be honest we will be looking at other providers if this continues

Steve

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 32

Re: daily password change

Hi stevehudson60,

Welcome and thanks for posting.

Sorry for the problems you're having with your emails.  I can definitely understand the irritation having to change your password on a daily basis. Whilst it does prompt you to change your password if it detects suspicious activity, it shouldn't happen every day.

Send over your details and we'll investigate it from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Pavel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 32

Hi

I'm glad I am not alone, yesterday for some reason my e-mail also started to request password changes.

There is something seriously wrong with the BT Yahoo mail set up I think  and no one seems to know what it is or is unwilling to pay to fix it  ...

Pavel

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 32

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for posting. I'm sure we can help with this. Drop me an email with your details. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Dekomposer
Beginner
Message 5 of 32

I've got the same problem and is getting on my nerves.  We had email probs not long ago due to BT making changes to email accounts, get it sorted or I'm going to look for another ISP.........who also isn't as expensive as BT.

0 Ratings
Libcat
Contributor
Message 6 of 32

Join the club. I had that wretched "change your passport" warning again today. This time, it vanished when I returned to the page. I was told by a BT techie person, that you can go to mail.yahoo.com and enter your BTYahoo I.D and password. It bypasses the BTYahoo webmail page.
I'm sure that most "unusual activity" triggers are false positives. I wish some bright BT spark would find out what causes the triggers. Of course, it's sensible to change your password occasionally, but not every day.
0 Ratings
Petros
Contributor
Message 7 of 32

This has got ridiculous. Having had to change it twice in 1 hour the other day, this morning I was forced it to change it immediately after changing it before even accessing my inbox!

How could the system detect suspicious activity within 1 minute of the first change?
0 Ratings
mXb
Contributor
Message 8 of 32

Ditto here too, also only on one email address.

This has been going on for a year or more every month or two, but recently getting more and more often.

Yesterday I had to resort to the "fogotten password" routine, to get it reset via an email as it rejected bold old and new passwords.

It's long passed time that BT sorted this out and provided out a workpass whilst they do so !!

0 Ratings
Jcartman
Beginner
Message 9 of 32

This is getting beyond a joke. I have had to change my password every time I've logged in today - 3 times. It's happened about 15 times this week.

How long before BT sorts it out? They've been saying for 2 years that we'll be transferring to all new BT mail but still Yahoo seem to be controlling it.

you'll be losing thousands of customers if this goes on.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 10 of 32

Hi guys,

Thanks all for posting. Sorry you’re having problems with the password reset. I’m sure I can help with this. Can you please drop me an email with your details? You’ll get the ‘contact us’ link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings