cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

fttp installation confusion

After having fttc gfast for the last few years they have been cabling our roads and pylons the last few months and we had a leaflet through the door a few weeks ago saying that fttp was ready to order. It still wasnt showing up but yesterday it showed on openreach website as being available for my address aswell as on the bt website for my address and also shows on the exchange checker.

However when logged in to bt's site it doesnt show in my packages, yesterday I spoke to someone at bt and they agreed it was all available but just that their system hadn't been updated with the packages and should update within 24 hours.

Then its still not appeared so ive spoken to someone on livechat and they have said they have had a known issue for the last few days that people on gfast connections are being told they can upgrade and that the fibre 900 shows for new customers as a " pre order installation " but pre orders arent available for existing customers. Ive never heard anything like this before - why would they have a preorder for it? And why, when the cabling is in, the leaflets are delivered, openreach website, bt website AND the exchange checker all confirm its there cant I order it?

Getting a little bit annoying now really when im being told different things everytime I talk to someone, he advised to contact openreach which I have done and am waiting for a response back.

Has anyone else had anything like this? Is there usually a gap between it showing as enabled everywhere before you can actually order it?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: fttp installation confusion

are you dealing with the FTTP team 08005874787 if not then give them a call

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

I haven't called that number actually i've used live chat and called the number 0800 800150, ill call the one you gave and see what they say, thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Ok spoke to them although they said it was still a generic number and " not necessarily " the fttp people. He again stated that its not showing yet on my packages and to contact openreach as with it being so new it might not have been signed off properly, and that if I fill in the form and they can see I want to order it it should be done asap. Hopefully openreach will get back to me shortly.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

does FTTP show on the dslchecker?

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Yeah shows this

Screenshot (2).png

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

The checker never works for me - I just get "try later".

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

@chm2009  

certainly shows FTTP available to you  don't know why FTTP TEAM have difficulty

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

@gspearson 

I am on DV and it has never worked for me - number not recognised.  I reported this many months ago but nothing ever happened

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

I'm on POTS.  I think it used to work.  But now I have CityFibre/Vodafone calling me three times a day and OR  sort of started at the back of the house I'll just wait.

0 Ratings