cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

have 2 BT TV boxes how do i get multiroom!?!

I have 2 BT TV boxes (both recordable 1 UHD 1 HD)

The UHD i purchased elsewhere as did not want to sign up for a new 12 month contract and seemingly this was the only way I could get it via BT... (happy to be advised I'm wrong on this)

The issue is that because BT think i only have the one box I cant setup for multi room.  How do it do this???

Regards A

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: have 2 BT TV boxes how do i get multiroom!?!

You can ask BT to add it to your account, a 2nd box subscription is £5 per month as you already have the equipment needed.
You'll have the same subscription content on both boxes.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@-Richie- 

sorry if I sound think, but, what number do i call and what exactly do i ask for as I have tried 2 times now without success as i'm guessing I'm not being clear enough/ringing the correct team

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Call 0800 800 150, either the Value or Loyalty team can do it, they can manage your existing subscription and add the subscription charge only, the only time you can't have a 2nd box subscription is when you have Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Cinema or your broadband speed isn't fast enough.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@-Richie- 

thanks,  I'll give it a go tonight with them.  

With cinema - Does that mean i cant get that if i get multiroom or does it only go to the main box?

broadband speed - what is this done off the expected or minimum speed, and what would be considered too slow for a multiroom?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

If you have Sky cinema you can't have multi-room, this can be bypassed by having a Sky Cinema NowTV subscription, although you will soon be able to add NowTV so this info is only relevant for a few weeks from now.

The required broadband speed depends on what TV package you have, classic has very little requirements, Max 4k or Entertainment Extra 4K have a faster requirement.

0 Ratings