cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: my local cabinet is full

Go to solution

Just bear in mind that the so called 'waiting list' doesn't seem to exist in reality and regular viewing of the checker to catch a vacant slot and place an order is a must.

Message 12 of 18

Go to solution
yeah, I can imagine ....
I've signed up for a gerbil in a wheel powered line for now and I have the direct email and phone line to the agent as I had explained all of this to them when signing up. they said they would run a test each week and upgrade me as soon as possible if a port becomes available.. its all I can do like you say.
I'll also run some line checks weekly and if my offerings change I'll try to nab them...
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

Curious if the port ever freed up for you? if so how long did you wait?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

Even if it did, it is irrelevant to your situation. A port will only come free for one of 2 reasons. Extra capacity is added to a sub optimally equipped cabinet, or much more likely, a customer ceases their service on a fully equipped cabinet.

The situation for each cabinet is unique.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

Sorry for the delayed reply,

yes we did get a port eventually, it took about 2 months from when I originally posted. I simply checked the phone line against the BT checker for speed availability every other day and one night it showed up. So I immediately rang my provider and got my service upgraded. There had been a few people move home at the time so I think I managed to nab one of their ports when they moved . 

Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

Glad it worked out for you.

Sometimes the impossible does happen 👍

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution
Hi I’m having the same issue and can you advise me on where you were checking to see when a spare portal came available
Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

the link in message2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings