cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 31

Re: new bt fttp connection - ipv6

Ok so now 6 days since installation, speeds are great and stable, excellent in fact, only issue is ipv6 is still showing disabled, again was fine before with gfast, ive power cycled the router but nothing else, is there anything else that would make sense as to why ipv6 still isnt coming through?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 31

As said previously, the only thing I can think of is a fault at the BRAS. To be honest, it's not something to worry about, IPv6 isn't universally available by all ISPs. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 31

Yeah im not too worried just something that could become more needed as time goes on, would have expected a temporary fault to be sorted by now but perhaps not. I'll keep my eye on it, thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 31

Must admit it does seem a bit odd. Might be worth asking if any of your neighbours on FTTP are getting IPv6

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 31

Yeah dont really talk to any neighbours dont think many of them would know what fttp is let alone ipv6 🙂
Could power cycling the ont make any difference? dont want to do it if it might mess with anything else for no gain, again its not a major concern everything works great just a minor annoyance that it should be enabled and isnt.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 31

The ONT is just a modem and is transparent to the IP layer, so can't see how power cycling would help.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 31

Yeah thought that, that's why I hadn't bothered to do it sooner but just keep expecting it to pop back on, if it is something at their end who would be the best contact?
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 31

There isn't really any contact.

I'll flag it to the mods and see if they can find out anything. They will probably post on here for further information from you.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 31

Ok many thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 31

Hi @chm2009 

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I hope you're enjoying your Full Fibre service.  The Hub should prioritise IPv6.  Run this test and let me know how you get on >> https://test-ipv6.com/

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings