cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

receiving email from Amazon

Go to solution

I am unable to receive password reset emails from Amazon.  Amazon customer services have confirmed that they have been sent and received by BTinternet.com.  Amazon is not in my blocked email address settings.  Amazon have said I need to contact BT to find out why.  Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: receiving email from Amazon

Go to solution

Its BT spam filters being over zealous. You could try adding Amazon to your safe senders list. Failing that, create a Gmail account to receive important emails.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution
thank you
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Hi David!

I am having exactly the same issue! Please could you let me know how you solved it, what email did you save as a Safe Sender? 

Am very worried about my account and have frozen my cards so any help would be really appreciated!

Many thanks,
Ethan

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Hi

I still have not been able to receive Amazon emails.  I changed my email on Amazon to a gmail account I set up and fixed the issue that way.  I received help from Amazon customer services to do that.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Hi David,

Thank you for replying!

I did ask Amazon if they could do this for me but they couldn't even locate the account through either my email, phone number, or a previous order number! I'm assuming you didn't have this problem as you were able to get your email changed?

Many thanks,
Ethan

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

I was able to talk to Amazon and in the end restore my account, but BT email still not OK for Amazon

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Hello. I am experiencing exactly the same problem as you in receiving emails from Amazon. It used to work a little while ago - then stopped. I have set up a gmail service but Amazon customer services are refusing to change my current BT email without sending a passcode to the BT email (which doesn't work!). I phoned Amazon customer services on 0808 1453 768. Please let me know how you managed to get the cange made. Regards

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

I was able to get Amazon customer services to allow me to change my email address go gmail.  

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Many thanks David,

You gave me faith to have one last attempt today - and it worked (4th time lucky)!

First I called Amazon customer services on 0808 1453 768 and was fortunate enough to speak to an operative who was really helpful. After a few security questions she sent a security code to the mobile registered to my account. I then received a code that enabled me to re-set my account password. I then had to go through the usual login verification - again requiring a One-Time Passcode (OTP) sent to my mobile.

Once into my account the first thing I did was to change my email from BT to G-mail. Account messages now are being received and all is well.

Lessons learnt: Don't use BT email for your Amazon account. If you need to contact Amazon, do so on a Sunday morning when it is relatively quiet.

0 Ratings