cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

returning old equipment

Go to solution

My contract with BT recently came to an end and I decided not to renew. I was told on the phone that I had a very out of date home hub and BT would replace it if I stayed but I declined. No one mentioned returning it so I threw it out. I have just received a bag in the post for me to return something but no information and I can only assume it means that. What should I do now?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: returning old equipment

Go to solution

@Lizad1 

Welcome to this user forum.

I assume you did not actually throw it in the bin, as it has to be recycled either by taking it to your local recycling centre, or sending it back to BT for recycling, which is why they sent a returns bag. There are internal components which must not be put in a normal waste bin as they will cause contamination.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Recycled at the local centre summers lane yesterday.

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@Lizad1 wrote:

Recycled at the local centre summers lane yesterday.

Then you need not do anything. BT have to offer to recycle it.

https://www.gov.uk/electricalwaste-producer-supplier-responsibilities

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Phew but it would be great if they said something rather than just send a huge plastic bag in the post. I could then have told them what I was going to do or have saved myself a journey to the recycling centre. I am so relieved. I thought I had done something terrible!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for all your kind reassurance.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@Lizad1 wrote:

Thanks for all your kind reassurance.

You may receive an email from BT, explaining what I mean, that should have been sent to you.

The email is worded like so:  

We're determined to do our bit to protect the planet. Sending your kit back means we can recycle or dispose of it in a safe and environmentally friendly way.

So please help us by sending back the kit below. It's really easy to send it back – just follow the instructions further down.

And if you have a Mini Hub you're no longer using, you can send that back in the same way too.

How to return your kit for free

We're sending you a pre-paid returns bag, which should be with you in two or three working days. When it arrives, put the kit mentioned above into it, then peel off and attach the returns label.

Take it to the Post Office:

• The postage is already paid, but please get proof of postage.

Arrange a Parcelforce collection (if you're returning a TV box):

• Go to collections.parcelforce.net/bt
  • Choose a date and time slot when you'll be at home to give your parcel to the courier.

Here's more help with how to return your kit.

Go online for quicker results
Because of the coronavirus, we're answering a lot of calls at the moment - including calls from vulnerable people who need our advice. So please look for answers online if you can.

Thanks,

BT Customer Support​​​​​​​

0 Ratings