cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

sent emails folder is empty

Hello, we have had btopenworld.com email addresses for ages. My wife logged on to her account today on the laptop as she does frequently and found that all of the sent emails had disappeared. Logging onto her account on her phone, as she does frequently, we saw the sent emails folder being actively emptied. 

No one has made any changes to her account. We are looking for evidence of emails being sent and so are in a bit of a pickle.

Can any one explain why this has suddenly started to happen? 

Thanks

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: sent emails folder is empty

Is the email account associated to an active BT Broadband account or a BT Premium email account?

Have you checked in the Trash folder to see if they are there?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Thanks for the response. The account is and has been associated with a BT Broadband accounts for years and years.
The Trash folder has the usual deleted stuff in.
Thanks, Shaun
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Do you know if this account was ever migrated from BTYahoo to BTMail in the past. If it was this would have been around 2014.

Can you check to see which email system the account is now on. If you are not sure can you log onto the account and check the BT logo. If you see Yahoo anywhere it means you are on the BTYahoo system.

Is her email account only set up on the two devices, the laptop and her phone?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Hi, thanks for you response.
Totally unsure if it was migrated - how would we find out? IN the meantime, the logo in the top left hand corner of email still has Yahoo on it, as well as BT. Hovering over the tab in the web browser shows mail.yahoo.com. My wife is directed to the BT log in page (which changed a while back) and once logged in she clicks on the email link which directs to the Yahoo email page.
As far as we know it is only set up on the two devices.
Thanks,
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

I think it will be very unlikely that anybody on the forum will be able to help you with this so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem.

They are very busy at present and are prioritising their work load so it may be some time before they will be able to assist you. If they can assist they will acknowledge that by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Hi @shaunwward,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear that the sent items folder is now empty.

I have never heard of this happening before but we can take a look into this for you.I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Hi and thanks to those that contacted me asking if this had been sorted.  Well the answer is still NO. However, we did get a letter today from BT saying they were looking into it. ln the meantime the "Sent" emails from a few weeks ago are being saved. Very strange as neither my wife nor I have done anything. We are waiting to see if the others can be restored as they are quite important as you can imagine.

Thanks, Shaun

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Just had an email from BT saying that the complaint was closed. Worse than useless as there is still no fix or an explanation as to why it was closed. Can ANYONE who reads this please detail where in Yahoo / BT mail a user sets "Sent" emails to be deleted as they still are? Thanks, Shaun
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

There are no settings in webmail to delete sent emails, it sounds as if it might be a setting in the mail app.

0 Ratings