Go to solution

@mike101 wrote:
Current Rate (kbps) 1159 17299
Max Rate (kbps) 1174 19340
SNR Margin (dB) 8.6 6
Line Attenuation (dB) 17.3 40.1
Errors (pkts) 6 8

all seems ok so far.

Just a few errors, but nothing significant, but worth keeping an eye on.

Improvement in the connection speeds, so you can make a change to the available bandwidth settings on the bandwidth control page. This does not cause a restart, as its only affecting the queue parameters.

Lets hope that with that increase, and the ability to control bandwidth and priority, everyone can work without too much hassle 😀

I remote manage my daughter`s  W9970 in her house, from here, and she has five people in her household, one working from home, and the rest doing online tuition.

She has 31 devices showing in the DHCP table at the moment, but has a 46Mb VDSL connection, so things are not too bad. I still had to configure bandwidth controls to stop individual users taking up all of the bandwidth.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 62

Re: uploading kills my download speed

Go to solution

Once again, thank you for all your help. My daughter did several uploads today and a couple of team meetings without any problems.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 62

Go to solution

@mike101 wrote:

Once again, thank you for all your help. My daughter did several uploads today and a couple of team meetings without any problems.

Excellent 😀

I am pleased that I was able to help, and of course thanks also must go to @NeilO  for dealing with your connection profile. 

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 62

Go to solution

@mike101 wrote:

Awesome @mike101 

I'll let @NeilO know that you've posted back and that everything looks much better 😁

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 62

Go to solution

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 62

Go to solution

@mike101 That's great, I was happy that I was able to help. The router stats look good on the 6db profile.

Cheers 

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 62

Go to solution

HI Neil

This morning my SNR dropped from 6db where  it was stable with decent speeds to 3db or less where I am now getting a lot of pkt errors and some disconnects. Could you set it back and fix it at 6db?

The stats below are for the last 20 minutes

Many thanks.

Current Rate (kbps)129119193
Max Rate (kbps)128719194
SNR Margin (dB)7.21
Line Attenuation (dB)16.739.9
Errors (pkts)04922
0 Ratings
Message 39 of 62

Go to solution

DLM should sort it out itself and automatically increase the interleave depth to reduce the CRC errors.

BT used to run a 6dB noise margin, but for some reason they decided to drop it to 3dB, possibly to get more speed.

Mine sits at 3dB, but it does not seem to cause any problems, but your line may have a few more errors, which is why the margin was increased.

My advice at this stage, is to leave for about 10 days to allow DLM to monitor the error rate, unless its really impacting on your connection.

Your margin of 1dB is rather low. Have you tried disconnecting the DSL input for about 20 seconds, and see if it negotiates a better set of tones?

It could be that there is an interfering frequency which is affecting part of the spectrum, and a re-sync should allow the router to pick a better range of frequencies.

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 62

Go to solution

Thanks Keith, I'll see how it goes but 6db seemed to work really well.

0 Ratings