cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

yahoo won't let go

Go to solution

My migration from btyahoo to btinternet went smoothly. But I can't use MS Outlook because a dialogue box pops up, and returns in 5 seconds if you delete it. It asks for user name and password "for the following server smpt.mail.yahoo.com" I have tired Microsoft help, bu the name BT causes the question to be rejected (they think it is short for but). I tried logging into yahoo in case I had an old account, I was redirected to BT. I have no other interaction with yahoo, I have no trouble with webmail or the gmail link I use on the phone. Has anyone else had this? The top line in the prompt is greyed out, or I would try changing to to btinternet.com

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: yahoo won't let go

Go to solution

You still have the account set up for yahoo in Outlook.

Go to Account settings in Outlook, highlight the account  and select 'change' at the top of the screen. Select 'More settings' and under the Outgoing server tab select use same server settings as my incoming server.

Outlookstep2.jpgOutlookstep3.jpgOutlookstep4.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Selecting change just gives a single dialogue box with name and email address, there is an option to rest mail setitngs at bottom left, but nothing happens when it is pressed. Next brings up account successfully updated

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Which version of Outlook is it?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I don't see  a version number - it is part of my Office 365 subscription

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Ah, not familiar with Office 365. I suspect you might have to delete the account and re-create it.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

That should be fun - it took days to set Outlook up on my mobile, guessing a lot of the fields that had to be filled in

I assume that your handy guide posted above, will give me all the information I need to set up the account

Thanks for the help

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@tdl123 wrote:

That should be fun - it took days to set Outlook up on my mobile, guessing a lot of the fields that had to be filled in

Why guess when they are detailed for you https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

I assume that your handy guide posted above, will give me all the information I need to set up the account

Yes, or use link above.

Thanks for the help

0 Ratings