cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Design failure - BT WiFi Disc gives no indication of whether there is a broadband connection

I had a Broadband and Landline fault this morning, so was checking whether or not working.  The Disc shows the Blue light even the hub has lost its BB connection.

Should have been designed so the disc indicates there is a fault, I have had to keep running back and forth between my PC in sitting room and the hub out in hall.

I can imagine that in some circumstances some people might not have access to the hub so have no indication that there was a BB fault.

At the moment BB OK but LL dead, it has been reported.

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Design failure - BT WiFi Disc gives no indication of whether there is a broadband connection

I had a Broadband and Landline fault this morning, so was checking whether or not working.  The Disc shows the Blue light even the hub has lost its BB connection.

Should have been designed so the disc indicates there is a fault, I have had to keep running back and forth between my PC in sitting room and the hub out in hall.

I can imagine that in some circumstances some people might not have access to the hub so have no indication that there was a BB fault.

At the moment I have BB working but LL dead, it has been reported.

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Design failure - BT WiFi Disc gives no indication of whether there is a broadband connection

And how exactly do you propose it does that? It is a wireless access point, it has no knowledge of the status of the broadband service. No other wireless access point on the market can perform such a function.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Re: Design failure - BT WiFi Disc gives no indication of whether there is a broadband connection

Doesn't it communicate with the Hub?

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Not in any meaningful way, no. The hub transmits and receives wifi signals to and from the disc and the disc regenerates them. The hub doesn't impart any data regarding hub status to the discs. The cost of doing that would make the price of the discs and the hub prohibitively expensive.

0 Ratings