cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Is there a difference in the BT Smart Hub 2 and EE hub

Go to solution

Long story short, I was with BT and had the BT Smart Hub 2, and when I contacted them to review my price at the end of its contract they moved me to EE. I was unhappy with the handling of this and cancelled the new contract.  I moved to Vodafone however the as both my wife and I work from home, we have noticed it’s less stable and we keep loosing connection.  We’re on fibre 500 and now thinking of moving back to BT? BUT which hub will give me the most stability and reliability?  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Is there a difference in the BT Smart Hub 2 and EE hub

Go to solution

They're the same device in a different case.

Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

The EE hub has WiFi 6.

Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hello,

Unfortunately naming conventions are terrible and there IS a difference all depending:

EE Smart Hub (2023 - has holes all around the base of the device) - this is a BT Smart Hub 2 in a different case, exactly the same product as proven by a teardown video on YouTube.

EE Smart Hub Plus - this is a different and brand new router that has WiFi 6. (No holes in the base, and I believe slightly larger)

Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Thank you for your reply, is the EE Smart Hub Plus a better Hub than the BT Smart Hub 2?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Define better.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Stronger / more stable internet
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

One big difference is that the EE Smart Hub Plus has Wifi 6 vs Wifi 5 that the Smart Hub 2 has, but you really need wifi 6 devices to take advantage of it.

Though that doesn't mean that it doesn't have improvements that will be able to benefit you in other ways!

But EE is apparently going to release a Wifi 7 router sometime this year, so I would just hold off for now and see what packages you may be able to get it with then.

Please be aware that BT consumer is turning into EE, so there may be a time where you will be moved over to them again if you do go back to BT. So it might be easier to just go straight to EE this time around to avoid that hassle of moving again.

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

@wkirkmanwrote:

Hello,

Unfortunately naming conventions are terrible and there IS a difference all depending:

EE Smart Hub (2023 - has holes all around the base of the device) - this is a BT Smart Hub 2 in a different case, exactly the same product as proven by a teardown video on YouTube.

EE Smart Hub Plus - this is a different and brand new router that has WiFi 6. (No holes in the base, and I believe slightly larger)

You can see the difference in models on my post Here