cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 81 of 120

Re: Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C20832C now live

I would advise holding back until the summer if you can, most will release either firmware update for there current products or new products that's gonna support wifi 6E.

0 Ratings
Message 82 of 120

I actually got the eero pro 6 system for £303 today.

I was not that impressed. Can you test if you have similar results:

Be on a node that is not the wired in gateway node and ping the gateway (192.168.4.1) with something like: ping 192.168.4.1 -n 1000

Usually when I do this and let it ping 1000 times I will have 2-3 request timeout errors. Pings will fluctuate from 7ms upto 100ms sometimes.

0 Ratings
Message 83 of 120

Give eero tech support a call they can connect to your system and have much more control than you do. 

The beauty of Amazon products is that you can return for full refund if it doesn't work to your satisfaction.

Message 84 of 120

I'm guessing other mesh networks are just as bad if not worse. Probably the small price you have to pay for ease and simplicity I guess. I know updates happen every month so will keep with it.

I know this is abit of a complex question but did you also have to like "incorrectly" setup the Eero system in order to get access to enable PPPoE? i.e. connect to a router with internet access to get past the initial setup stage and then it allows you to configure PPPoE?

0 Ratings
Message 85 of 120

I contacted BT about my problem with the lack of Ethernet back haul working correctly and I reference this thread.

BT gave me fault return reference no',s with 15 min !

I will leave to others to interpret this rapid capitulation.

0 Ratings
Message 86 of 120

Setting up the eeros to handle PPPoE, with the router in bridge mode, is a bit complex. I did try it for a few months but returned to double NAT. You can also put the eeros in bridge mode to avoid double NAT, but you lose the eeros advanced features if that matters to you. 

PPPoE Setup Instructions – eero Help Center

How do I bridge my eeros? – eero Help Center

Eero Bridge Mode - Discussion Topics - eero Community

0 Ratings
Message 87 of 120

DanielS Moderator, you posted on 17th Feb "We are continuing to develop and test the next firmware update for the BT Premium Whole Home Wifi and Whole Home Wifi 6 discs. Once the firmware has been tested and deemed ready for the Beta programme we will inform users on this forum." 

Yet another 5 weeks on still nothing still !! This is why I called BS on it, 14 months on or what ever it is since last release how much testing is required before its deemed ready LOL

0 Ratings
Message 88 of 120

The whole thing is a bit of a shambles - I've been struggling with the disks for about a year. In the end I've turned them all off and am back to using the Homehub, even though the speeds a pitiful in parts of my house. As with most of these things, it's the false promises and lack of communication that kills you. At least if BT held their hands up and admitted they've no interest in fixing these issues we could all cut our loses and move onto a product that's actually being supported. Their messaging that the firmware has been in active development for over a year is not at all credible.

0 Ratings
Message 89 of 120

"We are in touch with the developers, it's 100% being worked on."

So, two months later, how's that work going?!

0 Ratings
Message 90 of 120

I spent an hour last night going through the 'early adopter' and 'live' thread for this firmware in the hope that someone stumbled across some sort of method to get the thing stable. It's genuinely mind boggling how long these issues have been going on for - you'd expect it from some sort of fly-by-night company but I'd always thought a bit more from BT. Has anyone had any luck in getting a refund from BT for these issues? 

0 Ratings