cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 101 of 120

Re: Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C20832C now live

Yep, the 6+ is a good shout and I did decent due diligence this time which is why I avoided the 6E.

I specifically wanted a tri-band system which is why i went for the Pro 6 - having a few people in the house all streaming Netflix etc at the same time while I’m trying to have zoom / teams calls meant I was perhaps over cautious when thinking of the overall bandwidth.

Either way, I’d personally be happy to recommend any of the Eero devices based on my experience so far.

0 Ratings
Message 102 of 120

The eero Pro 6 is the model that fits my requirement best.

I only have one WiFi 6e (6ghz) device so the Pro 6e is not much of an advantage on that score. However, I do have a device that will only connect to the lower 5ghz channels and reverts to 2.4ghz if eero chooses a higher 5ghz channel. The Pro 6, with two 5ghz channels, always seems to select a lower and an upper 5ghz channel so that device (doorbell camera) can always connect to 5ghz. Here's hoping they don't change that algorithm in a future software update.

0 Ratings
Message 103 of 120

Famous last words. After the last update, my eeros are now using 5ghz channels 56 & 149, so my doorbell camera has been relegated to 2.4ghz, it still works though.

0 Ratings
Message 104 of 120

I know what you mean @tonyw1 

I really tried to love the Pro 6. It seems like the best option by far but I did some comparison between Pro 6 and 6+ and in basically every scenario (talking about signal strength) the 6+ was either tied/neglible or better.

One example was my gym. I put in the Pro 6 and ran Network Analyzer on my phone. The gym gave me max speeds on my phone of 433/433 on Channel 36 with -62dBm. Sounds great right?

I did the same test with the 6+. Channel 36 again with 433/433 but a -58dBm reading.

Then the farthest point of my garden (where the Pro 6 should shine) had the Pro 6 on Channel 10 (2.4Ghz) with negotiated 30/30 speed with -89dBm. The 6+ was also Channel 10 but 60/120 with -83dBm. Quite a difference. I would have expected a flip in the results.

Also that update stuff is infuriating. So many stories of "my network worked fine then the latest update messed everything up". No option to revert back and you're at the mercy of eero to fix.

I am thinking of going to Asus.

0 Ratings
Message 105 of 120

Not sure it's in anybodies interest to give such basic control to a hardware provider, let alone the extra security risk involved, just my opinion.

-50 dBm: This is considered an excellent signal strength.

-60 dBm: This is a good signal strength.

-67 dBm: This is a reliable signal strength. This is the minimum for any online services that require a reliable connection and Wi-Fi signal strength.

-70 dBm: This is not a strong signal strength.

0 Ratings
Message 106 of 120

Hi everyone,

We are continuing to develop the next firmware update for the BT Premium Whole Home Wifi and Whole Home Wifi 6 discs.  This firmware is now undergoing extensive testing with a plan to release in approximately 2 months to the Beta programme. We will inform users on this forum when the update is available.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 107 of 120

3 months on from you posting the same message, now it's another 2 months away until beta release.

Message 108 of 120

I would not be surprised if they are holding back to coincide with the Smart Hub 3 release (will be start of July).

0 Ratings
Message 109 of 120

Considering the software has been in development since May 2022, why would it even need a public beta? 

It should be perfect from release given how long it’s taken.

Obviously to any potential purchasers, same advice as before avoid at all costs as the products simply aren’t supported and you will end up with issues after issue.

Message 110 of 120

Hi

woild you be able to login to the main disc (just type the ip address of the disc into the browser of a computer connected to the wifi) and post the settings here pls? Perhaps I can manually try to set the same settings as you and give it a go..

many thanks,

iq 

0 Ratings