cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

When can bt customers get the new ee router

Hi when are bt customers able to get the new router which ee have wifi 6 etc and when if at all can we get 1.6gb speed thanks ..

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: When can bt customers get the new ee router

As the preferred route is now to move over to EE, I doubt very much BT will start offering 1.6GB connections and the new hub, if you're wanting that option, speak to the sales team and migrate over to EE.

If BT offer it, then it would take longer to move customers who would be starting a new 2 year minimum term.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

"As the preferred route is now to move over to EE..."
This sounds as though it's BT's ultimate intention to migrate ALL its customers to EE and presumably then exit the domestic market completely.
Is that correct?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

If i'm not wrong, and I am speaking just as a customer, the plan seems to be for BT consumer to change it's name to EE... but keep the BT name for the business side of things.

It's confusing yeah, but it's what is happening. It's already started with the rebrand of BT TV to EE TV.

So we will end up with EE for the home side of things and BT for the business side.

I've no idea what's going to happen beyond that. They still seem to be figuring it all out. The systems for transferring from BT to EE still seem to be in their very early stages yet... so your milage will vary right now whether you will successfully transfer over to the 1.6gbps or not. 

Some people have had successes and some have had failures. 

BT broadband full WiFi transfer to EE 1.6gbps - The EE Community

Absolute shambles with move to EE from BT - Page 2 - BT Community (Check the last few messages on this one for a success story!)

I'd say wait a few months for them to straighten things out.

Message 5 of 8

@chrisjpwrote:
"As the preferred route is now to move over to EE..."
This sounds as though it's BT's ultimate intention to migrate ALL its customers to EE and presumably then exit the domestic market completely.
Is that correct?

It's been well publicised, you can read the official statement at EE is the new flagship brand for BT's Consumer business 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@chrisjp 

From the press release.

"The BT brand will still play an important but more focused role for Consumer customers on standalone broadband and landline services"

So you can stay with BT if you want, provided you do not want anything special.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

But it seems we can't stay with BT forever: "You don’t have to switch to EE until you’re ready. For now, you can choose to stay on BT"

Best of Both | BT & EE Partnership

It's all confusing right now, I just saw a forum post on here on which someone on apparently a broadband and landline package with no extra bells and whistles got a leaflet informing them of the merger and "for now" they do not have to do anything... 

So I'm doing a little digging to see just what exactly BT may mean with "BT brand will remain for those with Standalone broadband and landline" in their press release.

Unless they just mean those who are not switched over to digital voice yet?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

My letter says 'You might also notice some of our kit and the services we provide will be labelled EE but sent to you by BT'. I read this as 'we are running down our stocks of BT kit, and when they run out it will get replaced with EE branded kit'.

When I ordered my new BT advertised full fibre connection over Christmas I was dealing with a 'BT Guide' but the BT quote that was sent to me came from an EE address. Now it sounds like they will be called 'EE Guides'.

As for routers I suspect the speed you order will help determine which router you get sent at present: 150 or 300meg and you'll probably still get a WiFi 5 Smarthub 2, but 500meg or above and you've probably got a good chance of getting EE WiFi 6 kit.

Now I am running with a SmartHub 2 I don't expect I will be given a replacement EE router until I decide to upgrade to a faster EE deal.

0 Ratings