cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blowdog
Beginner
Message 1 of 1

Whole Home Wifi is the most frustrating tech I've ever used

I'm sorry in advance for the hyperbolic post title but I've honest had enough.

Now in all honestly, I've had this kit for well over a year, maybe 2. But it has never ever done its job properly. 

It's a 3 + 1 kit so I've got 4 discs that are spread across a 1940's brick house. Set up is painful, but once it's set up, it works. That is until somehow, it completely loses all its settings and gives me a red light. 

Resetting it all is extremely frustrating. Sometimes, turning off my BT Home Hub 3, then systematically turning off, then on the discs in order of the parent, can fix, but most of the time it requires a full on factory reset. 

Even this doesn't work sometimes and I have to leave them off for a few days for it to magically work again. However, for 4 weeks now, they've all been dead and I can't even get a successful connection with the Whole Home Wifi app to recognise when it's connected to a disc (any of the discs) even after a factory restore - either a single press, or a 30 second long frustrating press. 

Problem is, this can happen up to a dozen times a year and frankly I'm just about done with them - I'm going to ask for a refund. 

As a software company who makes applications for a living, how the app is approved for use is beyond me when it simply cannot provide any decent trouble shooting diagnostics, instead providing a static slider for options to fix. 

These were not cheap devices - not sure if a refund will even be entertained, but right now, I simply have 4 bricked discs all with red lights and this is exactly why I also have a virgin line installed for backups when BT borks. 

Would like to hear if anyone else has similar issues. 

0 Ratings