cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

All other houses on my street can get Fibre, please help

Hello,

Looking for advice as really stressed out, moving soon with my family into a new house and it looks like im going for a 300mbps fibre plan to a 9mbps fibre plan at the new house. I have checked all the other address on the street and they can get up to 900mbps fibre. There is 4 people in our family including my little brother who is diagnosed AHDH/Autism in highschool among the thousand other reasons why this internet will be devastating for our family.

Is there anything we can do? Please any info will be greatly apprecaited.

Regards,

Oliver

Please see below for some info

UPRN 100040116591 on Exchange PENZANCE is served by Cabinet 9
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
Y

FTTP is not available.

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is restricted at the exchange

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Mildenhall exchange:Only single order products are available and ADSL and ADSL2+ products are not shown as available.However for premises that can only be served by SOADSL, BT will continue to accept ADSL and ADSL2+ orders until SOADSL is available.

Thank you for your interest

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: All other houses on my street can get Fibre, please help

More info:

Address 9, PENZANCE on Exchange PENZANCE is served by Cabinet 9

ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability DateWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 15--8.5 to 19Available
Up to 15Up to 1.58.5 to 19Available
Up to 7--6 to 8Available
2----Available
2----Available
SOADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC SOADSL Availability DateWBC SOADSL 2+SOADSL MaxSOADSL Fixed Rate
Up to 15--8.5 to 19--
Up to 7--8.5 to 19--
Up to 2--6 to 8--
Other Offerings Availability DateADSL Multicast
Available
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
Y

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

For all SOADSL services,the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Mildenhall exchange:Only single order products are available and ADSL and ADSL2+ products are not shown as available.However for premises that can only be served by SOADSL, BT will continue to accept ADSL and ADSL2+ orders until SOADSL is available.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

If you are the only house without FTTP then it could be a database error - you can raise a query with Openreach here:

https://www.openreach.com/forms/fibre-broadband-availability---customer-form

Message 4 of 8

Thanks for the link, have filled in and sent off already but judging from reading other post it's a waste of time with automated response, is this true?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Use next door neighbour address on dslchecker and post results. There is no fibre on cab 9

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Please forgive the formatting as I'm on my phone at the moment. Below is a neighbour that is right next door (attached as a triplex)

UPRN 100040116592 on Exchange PENZANCE is served by Cabinet 9
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessWBC FTTP
Up to 1000Up to 220--AvailableKCI2 Assure
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability DateWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 15--8.5 to 19Available
Up to 15Up to 1.58.5 to 19Available
Up to 7--6 to 8Available
2----Available
2----Available
SOADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC SOADSL Availability DateWBC SOADSL 2+SOADSL MaxSOADSL Fixed Rate
Up to 15--8.5 to 19--
Up to 7--6 to 8--
2----Available
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available
N
N
Y

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed Not Evaluated.

ONT exists with no active service. A spare port is available. A new ONT may be ordered.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

For all SOADSL services,the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Here is the neighbour directly across the road

UPRN 100040116587 on Exchange PENZANCE is served by Cabinet 25
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessWBC FTTP
Up to 1000Up to 220--AvailableKCI2 Assure
Up to 17--10 to 19.5Available
Up to 17Up to 1.510 to 19.5Available
Up to 7.5--6.5 to 8Available
2----Available
2----Available
Up to 17--10 to 19.5--
Up to 7.5--6.5 to 8--
2----Available
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available
N
N
Y

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with no anticipated issues.

FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

How is it possible that every other building on our street both on our side and the opposite side is connected to cabinet 25 but our building in the middle of the street is cabinet 9?

0 Ratings