cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Asus Router with FTTC?

Go to solution

I'm looking at moving to BT Internet. They can't supply FTTP at the moment so I am looking at their Fibre 2 (FTTC I believe).

I don't want to use their Smart Hub though as I already have an ASUS Router (DSL-AX82U).

Will this work with Fibre 2. It supports ADSL and VDSL. Or would I have to use the Smart Hub as a modem and connect my router using the standard WAN connection.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Asus Router with FTTC?

Go to solution

Your Asus will work just fine. Just use generic PPPoE credentials of username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password BT

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

If you are a new customer do you intend to have the ability to make and receive calls on a landline?  If you as a new. Customer you will probably be on digital voice and that only works with the SH2   you could still use Asus connected to sh2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Will be a new customer but won't be using the landline even if it comes with one.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Then make sure you select package broadband only 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Neil_Mu and welcome to our community.

Thanks for your question about the Asus Router. Both @imjolly and @licquorice advice is good. If you're not intending to use the landline for calls then just order the broadband only package.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I followed these instructions and worked for me. https://youtube.com/watch?v=DueAvG-dCHU&feature=shares

0 Ratings