cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Banded profile

Go to solution
Hi There,

I am wondering if someone can help. I upgraded to fibre 2 but I think I’m on a banded profile can someone help fix this?

Thanks
Sam

Product code:Hub

Serial number:+091301+1926005829

Firmware version:v0.38.00.10147-BT

Firmware updated:Mon Apr 24 17:02:09 2023

Board version:R01

GUI version:1.77 20_05_2022

DSL uptime:6 days,07 Hours39 Mins20 Secs

Data rate:9.999 Mbps / 54.999 Mbps

Maximum data rate:16.931 Mbps / 56.386 Mbps

Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode:Off

Noise margin:11.0 / 4.0

Line attenuation:11.1 / 18.7

Signal attenuation:11.1 / 24.1

VLAN id:101

Upstream error control:Off

Downstream error control:Off

Data sent / received:25.3 GB Uploaded / 191.8 GB Downloaded

Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Public Wi-fi status:Activated

2.4 GHz wireless network name:BT-Q3A65C

2.4 GHz wireless channel:Smart (Channel6)

5 GHz wireless network name:BT-Q3A65C

5 GHz wireless channel:Smart (Channel36)

Wireless security:WPA2

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Banded profile

Go to solution

your not on a banded profile just looks like the upgrade to fibre 2 has not happened.  I doubt you are going to see any change in down speed as attainable is on 56mb but should see big improvement in up speed.

have you checked MYBT the you have been moved to fibre 2 - but not happened.

post back and most should be able to help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi, @samtheaspie I think @imjolly is on the mark with this and it looks like you're on the wrong profile. I'll send you a private message so you can contact the moderators and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

So out of curiosity how far away from the Openreach cabinet at you?  Looking at the SNR on the upload, if you are 600-700m away from the cabinet, these speeds might be as good as it's going to get!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@Crimliar when we were with sky we got 66meg on the line sync speed. But for some reason BT are being unhelpful and saying we can only have fibre 1 speeds when we have fibre 2 package. 

@NeilO i got your message I’ll reply when I’m back home thank you 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

I don't know if this is relevant, but if you are not right on top of the cabinet,  you'll see the maximum theoretical phy rates, but getting either one of those may depend on the other being "sub-optimal".  So rather than getting those theoretical maximums, the actual link rates are compromised.  What gets complicated is that different equipment will negotiate different compromises.  So historically if I used a Huawei HG612 V3 modem I'd get better upload speeds but worse download speeds than the Dratek modem.  Using the SNR adjustment feature on the Draytek also allowed a degree of customising  - lowering the SNR margin increased download speeds at the cost of decreasing upload speeds!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @samtheaspie, would you check and see if your profile has been updated and post back to let me know.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@JohnC2 All changed mate. Not the jump in speeds I was expecting but at least we are on the right profile so thanks for your help! That was from last night I got my partner to send me a screenshot 

IMG_0219.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

looking better now but as expected little movement in down speed but big jump in upspeed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @samtheaspie, thanks for checking that and posting back to let us know the profile has been corrected.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings