cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Broadband outage

Returned home from work yesterday evening (23/8), no broadband. Checked on my account and said there was major engineering works in the area estimated time for completion 8pm. Checked again at 10pm, message still there. Checked at 12am, message disappeared still no internet. Did a check on connection in my account, and says does not recognise account. Checked modem POS light is red, which indicates there is an issue between the exchange and my modem. In S81. If anyone from bt picks this post up, please can you contact me as i dont want to sit on the phone for an hour waiting to be connected, to then speak to someone reciting from a script saying an engineer needs to attend at my property when clearly they don't. Had that 3 times before when my internet speed had been turned down at the exchange and just needed turning back up. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband outage

@paulb94 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Try calling 0330 1234 150

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband outage

Had that 3 times before when my internet speed had been turned down at the exchange and just needed turning back up.’

Capping or Restricting the Speed on your OGEA Profile Build would have no affect on the Loss of Light Signal from the Head End Port to ONT.

If you have a Red LOS Light then either their is a Physical Disconnection somewhere along the Fibre or a has such a High Light Loss the ONT isn’t seeing it. 

One Fibre Port can provide service for up to 30 people as Openreach use a 32 Way SASA but only use 30.

So if the fault is between the Head End and SASA all 30 potential customers would be off.

If the fault is after the SASA then it may just be you that is out of service.

0 Ratings