cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Broadband set up.

E6E99214-8A50-40D4-A017-2F4177330FFF.png

i know it’s a blank socket , that’s what he put over it as it’s not in use. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

E1A1CB5C-6DE2-4A8B-890D-8BC41A0CA315.jpeg

He installed That cause he said I didn’t have one like my down stairs neighbours. That’s cause I live upstairs and that’s what it is in my cupboard 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

85568771-A725-4F9D-B5A5-4ADD3638A91E.jpeg

That’s what my down stairs neighbours have in the street. No one that lives upstairs have these. Is this cause the cables are being run under the floor into the electric cupboard?!  

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

shows FTTP available to you

can you post the notes which are below the results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

1B4866C9-9020-44D1-8B7C-DEF69AB8C506.png

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

@Ramsay01 Ok so before you were on fibre to the cabinet (FTTC).

Now you are moving to full fibre which is a fibre cable all the way to your property from the exchange. This is why you now have those two new boxes, outside one is a customer connection point and the inside one is the Openreach ONT that converts the light into electrical signals a router can understand.

Full fibre is the priority product once it's available, which it is to you, hence why you are moving to full fibre as part of the migration to BT Consumer. Your copper line will be ceased which delivered your previous broadband connection (FTTC).

Full fibre has lots of advantages over FTTC or other copper based products. It's also future proofed for higher bandwidth tiers too. See https://www.bt.com/broadband/full-fibre-learn

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

The cables you already have for FTTC broadband  in your flat are of no use when it comes to FTTP , that copper cable would have been installed from the ground floor to the upper floor at the time of construction ,  and cannot be used as a draw rope for a new optical cable , it will simply be left in place but redundant, now FTTP is available, even if there were a duct to the ground floor external wall , to get to the first floor requires a cable ran up the exterior wall , and that needs permission from whoever the ground floor wall belongs to ….it says on the survey note for your address  that there are potential wayleave issues ( the wayleave is the permission from a third party , in your case the ground floor flat owner ), if they refuse  to have the cable that would deliver your service on their wall , there isn’t much that can be done about that .

If FTTP is available, generally if you switch to a new provider they will use the new FTTP network, if you don’t want the upheaval, then you may have to stay with your current provider 

0 Ratings